Wednesday, November 9, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Re: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by dhkendall »

dhkendall wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:47 pm
alietr wrote:
dhkendall wrote:Probably because this was taped the same time as the Season 32 Teachers Tournament semifinals and the Season 32 Celebrity Tournament. But the board filling sound of Season 33 was probably digitally added in postproduction (I wonder if the Season 32 sound was played when it was being filmed. Andy, I seem to recall you said you were there for the Teachers and Celeb games, did you see this too?)
I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if it was a different sound, so I'm going to go ahead and say it was the Season 32 sound that they used and then you're right about them changing it afterward.
Watching Friday's game you can definitely hear the old sound underneath the new sound so that seems to be what they did.
Oddly, they are still dubbing in the new fill board sound effects for the Season 33 reruns in Daytime. Which means they're dubbing the same sound over the same sound, which sounded even odder than when they dubbed it over the old sound.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
The Talking Mime
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by The Talking Mime »

dhkendall wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:09 pm
alietr wrote:
dhkendall wrote:Probably because this was taped the same time as the Season 32 Teachers Tournament semifinals and the Season 32 Celebrity Tournament. But the board filling sound of Season 33 was probably digitally added in postproduction (I wonder if the Season 32 sound was played when it was being filmed. Andy, I seem to recall you said you were there for the Teachers and Celeb games, did you see this too?)
I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if it was a different sound, so I'm going to go ahead and say it was the Season 32 sound that they used and then you're right about them changing it afterward.
Watching Friday's game you can definitely hear the old sound underneath the new sound so that seems to be what they did.
Oddly, they are still dubbing in the new fill board sound effects for the Season 33 reruns in Daytime. Which means they're dubbing the same sound over the same sound, which sounded even odder than when they dubbed it over the old sound.
Yo dawg, I heard you like dubbing...
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."
-Bertrand Russell
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

alietr wrote:
Wait, what was dubbed over? Don't we have the same sound in S33 as we do in S32?
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:49 am
alietr wrote:
Wait, what was dubbed over? Don't we have the same sound in S33 as we do in S32?
No S33's sound (which is the same as the current one) was different than S32.

So: S33 repeats of S32 overdubbed S32 sound with S33's sound
S34 repeats of S33 overdubbed S33 sound with S33.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012