LL71: For The LLamas

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Re: LL71: For The LLamas

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

jjwaymee wrote:I'm back for my fifth consecutive season in Horizon B. It's good to see some familiar faces.
Glad to be back home.
Sprinkles are for winners.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

jeff6286 wrote:I (FrankJ) got an unexpected promotion to the new A Fjord, despite finishing 11th in my B Rundle last season. It looks like I was the last player selected, as 2 presumptive A Fjord players are sitting out the season, leaving just enough spots. Using last season's stats, I rank 26th of 26th in TCA, and the Rundle averaged .760 question percentage, which would have been around the 10th best A Rundle. This may be a bumpy ride.
Go get 'em, Jeff!

..other than that day we play each other.
silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by silverscreentest »

seaborgium wrote:
Cat Hammarskjold wrote:BarrientosB (not exactly sure which JBoard username he is)
brick
No. Hi Jonathan!
Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.
SBurrus
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by SBurrus »

I'm in Pacific Rundle E Division 2 for the second consecutive season.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

silverscreentest wrote:
seaborgium wrote:
Cat Hammarskjold wrote:BarrientosB (not exactly sure which JBoard username he is)
brick
No. Hi Jonathan!
Haha oops. Sorry Brick! I got too clever for my own good: I remembered both your first name and that there is a username "brick" here. If only I had checked J! Archive first.
dnbguy

Post by dnbguy »

Back in C Pacific Div 2. Good luck everyone!
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

I'm back among lots of familiar flags in D Magnolia Div 1, where I hope to contend for a promotion a winning season a performance mediocre enough to not get relegated. You see, despite the fact that in LL70, I ranked in the 5th percentile in Q% among all D rundlers, my lifetime Q% is over 5% lower than anyone else in my rundle except one, I have only recorded more than 50 TCA in a season once, and my general numbers fit in right about the median for E rundlers, I am still a top 20 ranked all-time defensive player.
Yeah, not too much to go on.
But still, last season I managed to get a lot of sports questions (despite the fact that the only Big Four question I've ever gotten was about Wrigley Field when, come on, I own a 100th anniversary commemorative cup) and hit some good luck with 3 FWs and two 2(1)-1(2) wins. Totally not flukey at all, right?
So just watch as I manage to run up the table on some bottom-feeding category, like Literature or Geography or TV and cruise to a respectable 20th place finish. (it's not in the relegation zone!) Or, better yet, string up 3 straight Buckner wins at the end of the season to push me into another D rundle berth.
Or, more likely, I finish last despite my all-time defensive numbers and get sent back to E rundle, where -- let's face it -- I probably belong. I still feel like one of those baseball players who should probably be in AAA but is called up because of some fluke injury to a starter. Or something. (Or perhaps Jason Heyward, who may have been benched for half the playoffs but hey, he still won a Gold Glove!)
Either way, should be fun!
mikeyb
Zergalicious

Post by mikeyb »

*waves from B Highland*
Ah, the fresh, clean, beginning of seasons standings, when I get to see my name near the top no matter what, thanks to the luck of being born into a family whose last name begins with "B."
Best of luck, all!
Lumosityfan
2014 Teen Tournament Champion

Post by Lumosityfan »

So excited to get started once again in LearnedLeague!!!!! (By the way, apologizes way in advance for forfeiting; I simply forgot all those times and I do not mean any harm whatsoever!) I'm currently in Rundle E Magnolia Div 2, so whoever's in it good luck! Hopefully I don't forfeit 20 times again :( (Don't worry, I won't. Just making fun of my past habits.)
Jeopardizing questions since 2004!
2014 Jeopardy! Teen Tournament Champion
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

mikeyb wrote:*waves from B Highland*
Ah, the fresh, clean, beginning of seasons standings, when I get to see my name near the top no matter what, thanks to the luck of being born into a family whose last name begins with "B."
Best of luck, all!
Lucky you. I'm in last place in Continental D2.
BRD-98
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by BRD-98 »

Last edited by BRD-98 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Still in A Continental with two of my crias and some of y'all.
silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by silverscreentest »

seaborgium wrote:
silverscreentest wrote:
seaborgium wrote:
brick
No. Hi Jonathan!
Haha oops. Sorry Brick! I got too clever for my own good: I remembered both your first name and that there is a username "brick" here. If only I had checked J! Archive first.
No offense taken. Good luck in LL71 everybody!
Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

Back in A Piedmont. I have the pleasure for playing one of my referrals for the first time! Kyle has been tearing up the MLs this off-season (78/78 in 21st C Pop and was runner-up in Cats), so I'm glad to see she made it up to A finally.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

I have to admit that I'd never paid much attention to Learned League -- until last season, when I happened to see two unrelated people I know from "real life" (not this board) tweet about LL on the same day.

Got a referral from one of them, so I'm in R Alpine 1.
clprez

Post by clprez »

Bamaman wrote:
mikeyb wrote:*waves from B Highland*
Best of luck, all!
Lucky you. I'm in last place in Continental D2.
Are you sure? I thought you were tied for first. :D
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

Back to D Cont 2 after a poor performance coupled with being one of the unluckiest llamas. I see at least 3 boardies on my schedule. My referral is in R Cont (with 34! members). He's my 3rd referral; hopefully he'll stick with it--my other two haven't signed up for more than one season :(

Just got the email about questions being posted, and about to go check them out. Good luck to all!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Just a reminder, no comments at all until the results have been posted. Do not say they were hard, easy or how many you got right. Even the slightest of comments may influence someone.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Good luck everyone!
mennoknight

Post by mennoknight »

A Pacific. Ready to lose more than win.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.