TD 143: Oh I'll Play Your Game, You Rogue!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ayeembored
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: TD 143: Oh I'll Play Your Game, You Rogue!

Post by ayeembored »

Thank you, kind sir, for the Think Different. I think that's the best I've done on one of these so far!

That's what your mother said, Trebek.

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

Thanks for a great TD. I may have kind of sucked ("suck it, Trebek!"), but it was lots of fun. (Those sketches are gold. As I noted in my entry, one of my favorite lines from them, courtesy of Winona Ryder as Bjork: "Sometimes, when the orange is in the sauerkraut, I think of my thoughts and they make me laugh." :) ) Congrats to the winners!

Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

Despite being hoist upon my own petard, it was indeed a fun game. I guess I didn't realize the 10 pt deduction for no drops, but my net gain would've only been 1 had I answered Osama along with Akihito. Best case scenario I think I would've tied Mark, and his was first entry I think? So I lose that tie-breaker too.

Great job, Mam, and other podiumites! Do another one TF, please!

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Paucle wrote:Despite being hoist upon my own petard,
Sure, this belongs over in pet peeves, but the correct usage here is "hoisted with" or "hoisted by". A petard is a bomb, so you can't be hoisted upon it.

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

econgator wrote:
Paucle wrote:Despite being hoist upon my own petard,
Sure, this belongs over in pet peeves, but the correct usage here is "hoisted with" or "hoisted by". A petard is a bomb, so you can't be hoisted upon it.
The Shakespeare quote is "hoist with," but same idea. And the idea is that one is hoisted by the bomb when it blows up, carrying you skyward, so the underlying image is of someone whose own weapon blows up in his face.