Learned League 73 - Official Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Re: Learned League 73 - Official Thread

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Armandillo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:01 am Is there still space in the rundle? If so, what sort of variety (i.e. A-E) are most people? I wouldn't want to join and end up being easy prey for people :/
There's plenty of room. It has traditionally been a mix of rundles, weighted slightly toward the "A" end of the spectrum. I wouldn't worry too much about being easy prey.
Sprinkles are for winners.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:40 am
Armandillo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:01 am Is there still space in the rundle? If so, what sort of variety (i.e. A-E) are most people? I wouldn't want to join and end up being easy prey for people :/
There's plenty of room. It has traditionally been a mix of rundles, weighted slightly toward the "A" end of the spectrum. I wouldn't worry too much about being easy prey.
I'm in a private rundle that's mostly A rundlers (note: this is not the Jboard rundle) and it's still really fun. I've had at most 5 wins in a season, but I've always managed to avoid last place, and it is SUCH a great feeling when you do beat or tie someone who is way better than you (it happens every season!). The way I see it, my regular E rundle is for trying to win, and my private rundle is for playing against people I know and having fun.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:40 am
Thanks for setting this up. I look forward to playing against other boardies in LL74.
KellyLasiter
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by KellyLasiter »

It appears that I will be joining you all as well. :D
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

It has varied the last three times, but it currently has several A Rundlers (Boson and I enjoy battling more frequently over the breakfast table), and B and D is represented. I know I normally have at least a couple 2 or fewer correct total answer days, and am entirely beatable to anyone when that happens. We are already at 6, and there is plenty of room for more. Last time we had a total of 12, and a wide range of skill levels and A-E rundles. It is also fun playing against some of the people we chat with online. :-) Come, have fun! (Or at least get more practice assigning defense points!)
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:41 am
cmp146 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:53 pm
BigDaddyMatty wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:27 am
jjwaymee wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:40 pm Is there going to be another Rundle in the Jundle?
It looks like I missed the deadline. I'm really sorry about that. It will definitely be back for LL74.
I hope so! It made things a little more dull for LL73. :-) If BigDaddyMatty is not able, is there another Commissioner's Circle member willing to step up?
Thanks for reminding me! Here's the info. Come one, come all!
Rundle name: Rundle in the Jundle 4
Password: jboardisnumber1
Registration for the private rundle ends tomorrow morning at 9:00 PT. We are currently at eight, which is a pretty good number, but it would be great to get even more.
Sprinkles are for winners.
jjwaymee
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jjwaymee »

Yes, it would be great to get a least one more!

jjwaymee ---> currently #9
KellyLasiter
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by KellyLasiter »

Looks like rookies can't join, or I would--but next year!
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

KellyLasiter wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:42 pm Looks like rookies can't join, or I would--but next year!
You need to be at the premier level ($50+ annually) to join a private rundle. I don't think rookies are specifically excluded, but since your first season is free, you likely haven't paid.

Enjoy your rookie season!

The jboard private rundle is looking pretty fun - we need one more to get an even number. Will it be you?
KellyLasiter
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by KellyLasiter »

boson wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:35 pm
KellyLasiter wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:42 pm Looks like rookies can't join, or I would--but next year!
You need to be at the premier level ($50+ annually) to join a private rundle. I don't think rookies are specifically excluded, but since your first season is free, you likely haven't paid.

Enjoy your rookie season!

The jboard private rundle is looking pretty fun - we need one more to get an even number. Will it be you?
The way I read it, you have to be both a non-rookie and paid--I may have to read it over again.