LL BWA Entries

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!

Re: LL BWA Entries

Post by BigDaddyMatty » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:49 pm

No love for my MD22Q3 response: Theresa May Have Jungle Fever.

(Take another look at the photo. You know she's diggin' on Barry.)
Sprinkles are for winners.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Couldn't come up with anything that rhymed with "nevermore, et. al.", so I tried with Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:54 pm

econgator wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:16 pm
Couldn't come up with anything that rhymed with "nevermore, et. al.", so I tried with Zsa Zsa Gabor.
Where's the Like button again?

plasticene
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by plasticene » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:20 pm

econgator wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:16 pm
Now that is a worthy BWA.

Here are this season's candidates for VBWA:
# Question Answer
1 On November 17, 1968, the telecast of a game between the New York Jets and the Oakland Raiders was cut short on the east coast, infamously, to broadcast the start of what television film? MOTHER MAY I SLEEP WITH DANGER

2 A 1917 recording by a New Orleans ensemble consisting of Nick LaRocca, Eddie Edwards, Larry Shields, Henry Ragas, and Tony Sbarbaro is widely considered the first jazz record. This group of musicians dubbed themselves the "Original ____ Jazz Band," with what word filling in the blank? RAY'S

3 The first three lines of the chorus in the song "The Battle Hymn of the Republic," based on Julia Ward Howe's poem, are what three-word line, repeated? F*** THE POLICE

4 The first three lines of the chorus in the song "The Battle Hymn of the Republic," based on Julia Ward Howe's poem, are what three-word line, repeated? ICE ICE BABY

5 The first three lines of the chorus in the song "The Battle Hymn of the Republic," based on Julia Ward Howe's poem, are what three-word line, repeated? ROCK ME AMADEUS

6 Tiger Williams, Dale Hunter, Tie Domi, Marty McSorley, and Bob Probert are the top five in the history of the National Hockey League in what statistic? FACES PUNCHED

7 Tiger Williams, Dale Hunter, Tie Domi, Marty McSorley, and Bob Probert are the top five in the history of the National Hockey League in what statistic? LONGEST MULLETS

8 Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway and a titular tragic Young Lady from a (very long) epistolary 1748 novel share what first name? BRITNEY

9 A 1909 expedition to Africa sponsored by the Smithsonian Institution, which resulted in thousands of specimens (including dozens of big game animals) collected for American natural history museums, was led by what man, who arranged the expedition in part to give room to new U.S. President W.H. Taft? THE MAN IN THE YELLOW HAT

10 In diving competitions, there are four possible official dive positions undertaken during the flight of the dive. Three are straight, tuck, and free—what is the fourth? THE TRIPLE LINDY

11 In diving competitions, there are four possible official dive positions undertaken during the flight of the dive. Three are straight, tuck, and free—what is the fourth? CANNONBALLLLLL

12 The world's first battle between steam-powered ironclad warships famously took place at Hampton Roads, Virginia, in 1862 during the U.S. Civil War, when the USS Monitor faced the CSS Virginia. The latter vessel's armored superstructure was built over the hull of what captured U.S. Navy frigate? USS COVFEFE
The only ones that make me chuckle are the three-word refrains for The Battle Hymn of the Republic, but I can't help but think the submitters must have known the correct answer but submitted BWA attempts anyway. It may not be rational to think so, since the question only had a 76% get rate, but that question seems so easy!

This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:06 pm

I don't know, "longest mullets" is pretty good. I think that's my pick.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Are they going to add to the BWA list if today's or Monday's match results in something that actually made Thorsten laugh?

(On a related note, I know what I'll try to do on Monday ... )
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:45 am

I'll revive this for the current season. For the Pollyanna clue (cheerful and irrepressibly optimistic), I gave a try with Daenerys. No love, as usual.

Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:45 pm

On the "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" question, I put "They Cancelled Jeopardy! For This?!!!!!!!"
I identify as a Jeopardy! fan, and use who/what pronouns.

flutist319
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by flutist319 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:36 pm

A joke answer for Luckenbach that I was thinking of but didn't submit: "Strongbadia (population: tire)".

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:42 am

My infrequent attempt at a BWA, in this case for MD12 Q5 got no love: Bat Boy :mrgreen: