Thursday, May 25, 2017 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Re: Thursday, May 25, 2017 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Linear Gnome »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 5:42 pm Alex was not familiar with gimlet?
Sorry if I missed a reply to this. I assumed Alex meant that he wasn't familiar with the tool.

I enjoyed watching Melanie--glad you had a good time! Jon survived the "correcting Alex" jinx in his interview segment.

I got FJ! fairly easily despite only having had tangential exposure to the show. I spent a few years as coach of a Quiz Bowl club at an engineering school, where our main strategy on art questions was "guess a Turtle". (Though I've actually learned a few art factoids by reading questions at practice and watching J! for a Really Long Time.)
Foretopman
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Foretopman »

I guess I need to embrace the 21st century, but on my crappy little TV I could just tell that there were four people in that image, and I could only tell that the middle two were wearing colored masks. Under those handicaps I had no chance of getting this FJ! right.
Foretopman
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Foretopman »

Parts of the Agulhas current flow southward past Mozambique & curve around this cape to the Atlantic Ocean.
Is there any reason to think "What is Cape Agulhas" would be ruled incorrect?
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Foretopman wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:10 am
Parts of the Agulhas current flow southward past Mozambique & curve around this cape to the Atlantic Ocean.
Is there any reason to think "What is Cape Agulhas" would be ruled incorrect?
Can't find any geographic reason why not.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by silverscreentest »

I'm late catching up on episodes. The mural was in last summer's Learned League Mini-League on the Renaissance. There was a 76% correct answer rate in identifying a specific artist. https://www.learnedleague.com/mini/ques ... ssance&2&6
Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.