Where Would You Send the Clue Crew?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

RobotJepLady
Valued Contributor

Where Would You Send the Clue Crew?

Post by RobotJepLady »

Yesterday, I went to the Philip Johnson Glass House in New Canaan, Connecticut. I managed to get in on the last tour of the last day of the season; they'll re-open in April. It was a great trip, and I thought that, given the loveliness of the surroundings and the wide-ranging nature of the collections, and of Philip Johnson's career, it would be a great place for a category, with visuals provided by one or another of the Clue Crew.

So...that also made me think of the boards: what places have you been to, or interests you've pursued, that you think would make great Clue Crew remotes? Or perhaps there's a place you've never been, or a topic you don't know much about, that you think would make for a great Clue Crew deployment. Or maybe you're a Local Booster (as am I, for Connecticut) and you think your town/county/state/province/region should be featured. Or maybe your profession or place of employment has a broad social/historical context that you think is underappreciated. Or you can think of a common global category that would result in the Clue Crew posing clues from around the world, say "On the 38th Parallel," with the common theme of places that are 38 degrees north or south.

In short, as the topic subject inquires: Where would you send the Clue Crew?

ETA: I thought i had a pretty link to http://www.philipjohnsonglasshouse.org, but it seems to be marooned by [url] tags.

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Where Would You Send the Clue Crew?

Post by alietr »

I fixed it for you, Emily. For some reason, it wanted the http in front of it.

Along similar lines, Taliesin West or Fallingwater would be great locales ...

RobotJepLady
Valued Contributor

Post by RobotJepLady »

alietr wrote:I fixed it for you, Emily. For some reason, it wanted the http in front of it.

Along similar lines, Taliesin West or Fallingwater would be great locales ...
Thank you kindly! I'm so spoiled about not having to type in "http" in most occasions...and to think how painstaking we had to be every single time back in Days of Yore!

A FLW category would be great; especially since they could probably combine the travel with other nearby attractions: Taliesin West is in the Sonoran Desert, and western PA has lots of stuff going on. Heck, he was an FJ not so long ago! And architecture lends itself to video clues.

RobotJepLady
Valued Contributor

Post by RobotJepLady »

Last edited by RobotJepLady on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by legendneverdies »

Or find another Sony-produced game show for them to work on and take them off J!. Although some think Jimmy as a candidate to succeed Alex or Johnny Gilbert when they retire.

RobotJepLady
Valued Contributor

Post by RobotJepLady »

legendneverdies wrote:Or find another Sony-produced game show for them to work on and take them off J!. Although some think Jimmy as a candidate to succeed Alex or Johnny Gilbert when they retire.
You bring up an interesting point: for a long time, I really didn't get why they thought they needed the Clue Crew. I thought they were distracting and unnecessary. It was only very recently, when they did the (I think?) 150th Anniversary of Mass. General and showed all the medical imaging tech that I finally thought, "Oh! That's what they're trying to do here!" And I was rather transfixed when Kelly gave a clue on one of my Jepisodes...granted, I was actually transfixed by the ballet dancer in the background rather than by Kelly!

Also, I've been figuring that Brad Rutter was lobbying for Alex's job.

legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

RobotJepLady wrote:
legendneverdies wrote:Or find another Sony-produced game show for them to work on and take them off J!. Although some think Jimmy as a candidate to succeed Alex or Johnny Gilbert when they retire.
You bring up an interesting point: for a long time, I really didn't get why they thought they needed the Clue Crew. I thought they were distracting and unnecessary. It was only very recently, when they did the (I think?) 150th Anniversary of Mass. General and showed all the medical imaging tech that I finally thought, "Oh! That's what they're trying to do here!" And I was rather transfixed when Kelly gave a clue on one of my Jepisodes...granted, I was actually transfixed by the ballet dancer in the background rather than by Kelly!

Also, I've been figuring that Brad Rutter was lobbying for Alex's job.
The Clue Crew sometimes keeps boards from getting fully revealed, I think. That may be the biggest issue people have with them. Maybe in second place is not being able to see the wording of the clues on air for home viewers in many cases. Maybe KJ is looking for Alex's job too :)

RobotJepLady
Valued Contributor

Post by RobotJepLady »

legendneverdies wrote: The Clue Crew sometimes keeps boards from getting fully revealed, I think. That may be the biggest issue people have with them. Maybe in second place is not being able to see the wording of the clues on air for home viewers in many cases. Maybe KJ is looking for Alex's job too :)
Keeping clues from being revealed is definitely a big drawback. I think my first post game reactions (after, "Holy wow, did I really just win?" and "Holy wow, did I just lose on a triple stumper FJ?" were, "We cleared the boards!!! We cleared the boards!!!! Seriously, did you guys see how we cleared the boards? 'Cause that's what we so totally and completely did!")

At a guess, I'd say the writers and producers are mindful of that, as are Sarah, Kelly and Jimmy. I think the big hindrance there might be Not An Actor Or Announcer apperances like the recent Homeland Security category as (incompletely) delivered by Secretary Napolitano.

I think we're probably going to see at least two more steel-cage matches involving BR and KJ before Mr. Trebek retires, given that every little casting decision is getting its own reality show these days. If Watson takes over upon Mr. Trebek's retirement, though, me and the show are done.

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

I would send them to Cambridge, MA with some material involving Harvard's rowing team. The category would be CREW CLUE.

ayeembored
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by ayeembored »

opusthepenguin wrote:I would send them to Cambridge, MA with some material involving Harvard's rowing team. The category would be CREW CLUE.
*groans*

Or clues at a performance of a certain Arthur Miller play. Category title "THE CLUE CREWCIBLE."

*ducks*

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Or they could go to a refinery and talk about CLUE CREWD...

RobotJepLady
Valued Contributor

Post by RobotJepLady »

econgator wrote:Or they could go to a refinery and talk about CLUE CREWD...
Or be very unrefined as the other kind of CLUE CREWD.

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Or a Jane Fonda movie category ... CLUE KLUTE.

Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

billy pilgrim

Post by billy pilgrim »

How about to the Congress. They haven't had a clue there for a long time.
She caught the Katy and left me a mule to ride.

HugoZ
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by HugoZ »

Vanya wrote:How about http://www.theboatrace.org/
I clicked this thinking "What the heck is The Boa Trace?"

How about if they visited Northeastern France? Then they could be the Cru Crew.

PS: Having flashbacks to "Get Smart": "Not the Crue Crew, the Crue Crew!"

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Onto the TRON gameboard: The Clu Crew.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Sing (6), Hard Road of Hope (9), The Madness of King George (8), Batman and Harley Quinn (7)

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

HugoZ wrote:I clicked this thinking "What the heck is The Boa Trace?"
I can do one worse -- the first time I read 2001, Clarke was writing about the apes killing the warthogs. I kept wondering, what the hell is a war thog?
HugoZ wrote:PS: Having flashbacks to "Get Smart": "Not the Crue Crew, the Crue Crew!"
Now you can listen to the Groovy Guru playing the Sacred Cows song:

MDCSWildcats86

Post by MDCSWildcats86 »

The "high Five" interchange in North Dallas, Texas (where I-635 meets US-75).

To be experienced for yourselves!!!!

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Well if you're going to do that, the Swindon roundabout is not to be missed!