Where Would You Send the Clue Crew?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Re: Where Would You Send the Clue Crew?

Post by trainman »

MDCSWildcats86 wrote:The "high Five" interchange in North Dallas, Texas (where I-635 meets US-75).
Bah, a poor imitation of the original Four-Level Interchange, which isn't far from the J! studios.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

How about the CTHU LHU?

"The sea beast here was first OH DEAR GOD IT'S EATING MY SOUL!"
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012

Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

I would send them to Charming, CA.

billy pilgrim
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by billy pilgrim »

Vanya wrote:I would send them to Charming, CA.

SAMCRO
She caught the Katy and left me a mule to ride.

lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

MDCSWildcats86 wrote:The "high Five" interchange in North Dallas, Texas (where I-635 meets US-75).

To be experienced for yourselves!!!!
Ha. I live a mile from that. If anything, I enjoy it. What freaks me out, though, is the Mixmaster, and all of the construction before it...

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

To be experienced for yourselves!!!!
Beltway 8 in Houston has a few of those, I think.

Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

HugoZ wrote:PS: Having flashbacks to "Get Smart": "Not the Crue Crew, the Crue Crew!"
>Like!<

John Boy

Post by John Boy »

I would send them into retirement. They are all lovely, enjoyable people; but with all due respect, I think their presence is gimmicky and unnecessary and adds nothing substantial to the already-excellent show. Taking all the extra time to read their long clues, along with the visuals from their on-location clue reads, just slow the game down IMHO.

whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Post by whoisalexjacob »

John Boy wrote:I would send them into retirement. They are all lovely, enjoyable people; but with all due respect, I think their presence is gimmicky and unnecessary and adds nothing substantial to the already-excellent show. Taking all the extra time to read their long clues, along with the visuals from their on-location clue reads, just slow the game down IMHO.
Just chiming in to say that I see where you're coming from, but I think I disagree. I like the idea of giving the viewers mini-tours of interesting locales. I think it adds a little something to the show. It would be nice if they could write shorter clues so they don't take up so much time, though.

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

omgwheelhouse wrote:
John Boy wrote:I would send them into retirement. They are all lovely, enjoyable people; but with all due respect, I think their presence is gimmicky and unnecessary and adds nothing substantial to the already-excellent show. Taking all the extra time to read their long clues, along with the visuals from their on-location clue reads, just slow the game down IMHO.
Just chiming in to say that I see where you're coming from, but I think I disagree. I like the idea of giving the viewers mini-tours of interesting locales. I think it adds a little something to the show. It would be nice if they could write shorter clues so they don't take up so much time, though.
Definitely.
Case in point: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3354
The Malecón, or river walk, was rebuilt on a more grand scale after the 1896 fire, which some said was set on purpose to keep President Alfaro from moving the capital here to Guayaquil from this city