Thursday, December 1, 2011 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dmleach
Damn Jeopardy! Hooligan

Re: Thursday, December 1, 2011 Game Recap & Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by dmleach »

MarkBarrett wrote:Seriously though, it was a given that HGWMV would be in there. Alex has mentioned many times over the years about his love for the movie.
Maggie uses "How Green Was My Valley" as part of her morning green room spiel ("It's Alex's favorite movie, he cries every time he sees it.") For the life of me, though, I can't remember what rule she's discussing that she uses it as an example. Perhaps another of the recent contestants will know.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

Wild guess: Just because your reply is already a question doesn't mean it is by default a question for their "correct response" purposes.
jpahk
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by jpahk »

dmleach wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:Seriously though, it was a given that HGWMV would be in there. Alex has mentioned many times over the years about his love for the movie.
Maggie uses "How Green Was My Valley" as part of her morning green room spiel ("It's Alex's favorite movie, he cries every time he sees it.") For the life of me, though, I can't remember what rule she's discussing that she uses it as an example. Perhaps another of the recent contestants will know.
ooh, i should really know this, since i've heard the spiel five times in the past three months. "it's about welsh coal miners, but it was filmed in malibu. i didn't feel so bad for them once i found that out." but i can't remember the context either. it's not about an answer that's already a question, because that's actually not part of the spiel. i *think* it's about what to do if your pen stops working during FJ—you've already written "what is how green was my" and then you just use the marker and finish on the green card before the think music ends.
dmleach
Damn Jeopardy! Hooligan

Post by dmleach »

jpahk wrote:i *think* it's about what to do if your pen stops working during FJ—you've already written "what is how green was my" and then you just use the marker and finish on the green card before the think music ends.
I think you're exactly right, Joon. Thanks!