FJs for the 5/29/17 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 5/29/17 week?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Cliffs Notes says a book by this man "was the work of a mathematician and logician who wrote as both a humorist and as a limerist"
77%
The USA's largest state school in 1861, by 1862 its enrollment had dropped by 90%
67%
Shigetaka Kurita designed the original set of 176 of these, which included the zodiac glyphs, hearts & a pair of googly eyes
86%
This port city on the Congo River was founded in 1883 & is named for a European explorer
53%
Condoleezza Rice & South Carolina businesswoman Darla Moore became the first female members of this in 2012
73%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I checked all five above.
18%
:( :( :( :( :( I missed all the FJ! clues.
No votes
STATES' LARGEST LAKES $400: Upper Klamath Lake
39%
CHINESE CUISINE $200: Mu shu pork is normally served with thin Mandarin these
36%
THE 50 STATES $2000: The first woman to serve in both houses of Congress, Margaret Chase Smith represented this NE state
52%
I missed the Tuesday FJ! clue by guessing some kind of military academy.
9%
I missed the Thursday FJ! clue with some kind of Stanley or Livingstone guess.
17%
Augusta was my 1-word correct response for the Friday FJ! clue.
10%
Augusta National was my 2-word correct response for the Friday FJ! clue.
40%
Augusta Golf Club was my 3-word correct response for the Friday FJ! clue.
6%
Augusta National Golf Club was my 4-word correct response for the Friday FJ! clue.
17%

Total votes: 126

goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Re: FJs for the 5/29/17 week

Post by goatman »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :| :|

Wheelhouse week for Goats; been swimming in Klamath, graduated UVA Cum Laude (principal lifetime achievement, none since!), instaget emojis against all odds and Brazzaville <> KInshasa on the Congo 'twin cities' is prime geography buff stuff. Getting Condi (gave 'Augusta golf club') was pure luck; happened to notice it on TV news a few years back which I usually doze through! :lol:

Another for Mandarin ORANGES. Should be a survey IMHO! Gave Margaret Chase Smith from MASS not MAINE and my dad laughed at me:

"Gosh Goatman, here I thought you knew all these characters! She's from Maine son." This 84 y/o guy can tell you every principal actor & actress from most Hollywood films between 1938 and 1978. Once I asked, hey Dad, how do you REMEMBER all that stuff?! "Because I saw them once. I stopped going to movies after Star Wars. Nothing worth paying ten bucks to sit in a dark room with a gang of strangers since then, boy!"
LOL @Dads, how do they DO it?! :roll:
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
ClosingTime
Valued Contributor

Post by ClosingTime »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:
Lumosityfan
2014 Teen Tournament Champion

Post by Lumosityfan »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :(
:( :( :mrgreen:

By the way, so excited to be back! It's been awhile because of school and stuff :( Hopefully I can see if I can post here without wrecking my schedule :|
Jeopardizing questions since 2004!
2014 Jeopardy! Teen Tournament Champion
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :(
:mrgreen: :( :(

I don't like bumping these threads after the weekend following the polled FJs is over, but I want to document my results as long as the polls don't name the voters, and I didn't like having to admit (and explain why) I ran out of time on the Tuesday FJ before giving a response. I think if I had been on the show I would have said the University of Virginia, but I dismissed it at home becauseI was worried that only "[x] State" universities would count as state schools. It was stupid.

Friday the best I could do was "Washington, DC Country Club."