A current look at our ToC standings. [POSSIBLE 7/6 SPOILER]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MTGcollegestudent
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

A current look at our ToC standings. [POSSIBLE 7/6 SPOILER]

Post by MTGcollegestudent »

Looking ahead, seasons 32 and 33 has had some big moments, heading into the next ToC. There were some highs, and very little lows as we watched the episodes go by. We've never seen a more elaborate group of players that proved to be gutsy. It's amazing that one of the factors is that some of the players were bold to bet big on DDs. Now with season 34, it becomes an added bonus to possible champs that may finish any 4-time champs off.

Here's the current players' stats with their DD efficiency. A few of the players don't have a percentage of buzzer ring-ins due to The Jeopardy! Fan forgetting to upload that.

On each of the players, there's DD efficiency, then R/W answer ratio, finally, buzzer efficiency.

Sam Deutsch: $2,000 earned, 68 R/ 7 W; 28.83% on buzzer
Andrew Pau: $23,800 earned, 165 R/ 11 W; 37.37% on buzzer
Buzzy Cohen: $21,600 earned, 205 R/ 36 W; 36.53% on buzzer
Jason Sterlacci: $5,400 earned, 98 R/ 11 W; 40.35% on buzzer
Hunter Appler: $5,700 earned, 161 R/ 16 W; 39.12% on buzzer
Pranjal Vachaspati: $34,810 earned, 165 R/ 37 W; 44.47% on buzzer
Seth Wilson: $15,100 earned, 316 R/ 34 W; 41.26% on buzzer
Tim Aten: $5,000 earned, 141 R/ 12 W; 28.77% on buzzer
Lisa Schlitt: $11,700 earned, 151 R/ 19 W; 38.40% on buzzer
Lilly Chin: $13,200 earned, 88 R/ 8 W; 35.84% on buzzer
Alan Lin: $18,000 earned, 147 R/ 14 W; 35.11% on buzzer
David Clemmons: $1,000 earned, 77 R/ 9 W; 32.74% on buzzer
Jon Eisenman: -$2,700 lost, 131 R/ 18 W; 36.53% on buzzer
Justin Vossler: $9,100 earned, 78 R/ 10 W; 32.02% on buzzer
Austin Rogers: $109,500 earned, 334 R/ 43 W; 42.66% on buzzer

((Edited out due to the fact that Tim Kutz is no more on the list))

After all what has been going on, do you think the stakes are a lot high in this upcoming ToC?
Last edited by MTGcollegestudent on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Jeopardy! is like History. It's a mixed bag of categories that try to test your knowledge to see if you know or can recall answers that seem familiar to the viewer.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Re: A current look at our ToC standings.

Post by MattKnowles »

How does The Jeopardy! Fan get statistics on buzzer ring-ins?
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
MTGcollegestudent

MattKnowles wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:18 pm How does The Jeopardy! Fan get statistics on buzzer ring-ins?
I even have a hard time how the Jeopardy! producers, let alone Alex Trebek even figure out on the buzzer percentages of the players. If anyone has a clue on buzzing percentage, that would really be helpful.
Jeopardy! is like History. It's a mixed bag of categories that try to test your knowledge to see if you know or can recall answers that seem familiar to the viewer.
mfc248

Post by mfc248 »

MattKnowles wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:18 pm How does The Jeopardy! Fan get statistics on buzzer ring-ins?
Every game is "charted" either by OntarioQuizzer personally, or by someone on his behalf (often someone in a location where the show airs late morning, so he can push the stats to his site as soon as possible - I have done so on two occasions this season). This yields a record of who rang in on what clues and in what order.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

mfc248 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:28 pm
Every game is "charted" either by OntarioQuizzer personally, or by someone on his behalf (often someone in a location where the show airs late morning, so he can push the stats to his site as soon as possible - I have done so on two occasions this season). This yields a record of who rang in on what clues and in what order.
Ok I misunderstood. Thank you for clarifying. The way the statistics are presented it's a little misleading.

I thought they were tracking how frequently a player is the fastest on the buzzer when they do ring in. So if a contestant plays 60 clues and they ring in on 40 clues and they ring in first on 12 clues they have a 12/40 = 30% statistic on first on buzzer when they ring in. What they're actually tracking is the total number of clues the contestant was the first to ring in on regardless of how many clues they tried to ring in on. So in that example they would give the contestant 12/60 = 20% for first on buzzer.

It would be really interesting to see statistics on how often somebody rings in first when they do ring in.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
MTGcollegestudent

Re: A current look at our ToC standings. [POSSIBLE 7/6 SPOILER]

(Bumped because of a change in player slot. Thanks a lot, Justin Vossler, for the updated change.)
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

I should say that I only began charting games fully again in mid-April 2016, coinciding with Buzzy Cohen's first game.

Tim's and Andrew's numbers were retroactively calculated and can be found at https://thejeopardyfan.com/2016/09/week ... -2016.html

And a request: I'd appreciate a link back to my site if you use statistics I've calculated.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
MTGcollegestudent

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 am I should say that I only began charting games fully again in mid-April 2016, coinciding with Buzzy Cohen's first game.

Tim's and Andrew's numbers were retroactively calculated and can be found at https://thejeopardyfan.com/2016/09/week ... -2016.html

And a request: I'd appreciate a link back to my site if you use statistics I've calculated.
Andrew Pau's stats are changed, and had to change the spot seating for Tim Kutz due to Austin permanently taking the spot with authority.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

MTGcollegestudent wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:47 pm Andrew Pau's stats are changed, and had to change the spot seating for Tim Kutz due to Austin permanently taking the spot with authority.
OntarioQuizzer wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 am I'd appreciate a link back to my site if you use statistics I've calculated.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan