Jeopardy! Season 34

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

threearruda
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Jeopardy! Season 34

Post by threearruda »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:50 am
threearruda wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 pm (and the season has been taping for ~two months, probably seven-eight weeks of gameplay), it seems doubtful that this is a streak of Jennings-like proportions. Doesn't exclude it from being a healthy streak, though
You missed where Morbeedo said that the episodes he was at will be airing the week of December 18.

(Remember, the show was worried about a possible WGA strike that threatened to stretch into the fall, so before they went on taping hiatus last spring, they put the first four weeks of Season 34 into the can back in April. Thus, they have 14 weeks of Season 34 regular play taped already.)
Ah that's right.. I remember reading on your site about the strike in the spring and I guess that just slipped my mind. I suppose, then, that could leave the door open for a month-long reign with the extra taping already done. Thank you for correcting me, Andy.
J! S39 - 1/27-2/1. '24 ToC ???

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Just watched the first episode of the new season. Interesting to see the contestants come out from behind the podiums for the end of game chat with Alex, as usual. I'm curious to see if/when this changes, because I'm sure this didn't happen for any of the 3 games I watched last week. And none of the players had a mobility issue.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

morbeedo wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:18 am Just watched the first episode of the new season. Interesting to see the contestants come out from behind the podiums for the end of game chat with Alex, as usual. I'm curious to see if/when this changes, because I'm sure this didn't happen for any of the 3 games I watched last week. And none of the players had a mobility issue.
My guess would be October 9. (That was the first taping after the summer break.)
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
zerobandwidth
That Guy Who Said "Yay!"

Post by zerobandwidth »

There were at least three tapings well in advance of the season start — two in April (weeks 1-4) and one in July (probably weeks 5-6). Now the wait for those episodes to air, and their secrets to be revealed, is finally ending.
Battle of the Brains contestant, 1995-1997
Jeopardy! match 34:13, 2017-09-27
LearnedLeague: PatersonP (LL76: D Summit Div2)

The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
— from Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest
disillusioned

Post by disillusioned »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 am
morbeedo wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:18 am Just watched the first episode of the new season. Interesting to see the contestants come out from behind the podiums for the end of game chat with Alex, as usual. I'm curious to see if/when this changes, because I'm sure this didn't happen for any of the 3 games I watched last week. And none of the players had a mobility issue.
My guess would be October 9. (That was the first taping after the summer break.)
This is correct. My episode airs 10/10! Also look for new and exciting motorized FJ dividers!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

disillusioned wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:56 am
This is correct. My episode airs 10/10! Also look for new and exciting motorized FJ dividers!
I'll hold my excitement for the 12/4 episode when we see the debut of Alex's new and exciting motorized podium
Total game show career losings = $171,522
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

triviawayne wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:25 am
I'll hold my excitement for the 12/4 episode when we see the debut of Alex's new and exciting motorized podium
Kinda like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOlwQvrT9JE
disillusioned

Post by disillusioned »

alietr wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:08 am
triviawayne wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:25 am
Kinda like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOlwQvrT9JE
Oh boy did I know what this was before I clicked.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

This one is for you, Diogenes:
triviawayne wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:25 am I'll hold my excitement for the 12/4 episode when we see the debut of Alex's new and exciting motorized podium lectern.