Christine Valada's Husband, Len Wein, Has Passed Away

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Christine Valada's Husband, Len Wein, Has Passed Away

Post by georgespelvin »

Very sad news for many fans and colleagues in the comic book world and personally for the Jeopardy contestant family. Christine Valada's husband, Len Wein, passed away today after a long period of ill health. While I unfortunately never got to meet the man (or actually play him in Learned League), I read many of his comic book stories growing up and followed him on Facebook over the last year. He created the character Wolverine. He seemed to be dealing with his ill health in a positive and upbeat fashion until the end. My condolences to Christine and the rest of Len Wein's family.
teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Christine Valada's Husband, Len Wein, Has Passed Away

Post by teapot37 »

It was kind of a point of pride when I saw Len had come in second in my pretty difficult Mission: Impossible 1DS.

It kind of bummed me out to learn that Marvel kind of stiffed him on royalties for his characters. It's said that he saw more in royalties for creating Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman's character in the Nolan Batman films) than he ever did for Wolverine.

Condolences to Len's family.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
georgespelvin

Post by georgespelvin »

That's Marvel for you. I've always liked Marvel books much better than D.C. books and loved the hyped up style, but it really upsets me that Marvel continues to stiff its creators even today. :evil:
georgespelvin

Post by georgespelvin »

At least they gave him a nice write-up. https://news.marvel.com/comics/74113/ma ... -len-wein/
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.