request to secret bunker

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

request to secret bunker

Post by hbomb1947 »

J! was pre-empted in NYC today and it doesn't seem to be up in the usual spot on Reddit. Can a certain secret bunker-keeper please post today's episode?
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Re: request to secret bunker

Post by triviawayne »

hbomb1947 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:58 pm J! was pre-empted in NYC today and it doesn't seem to be up in the usual spot on Reddit. Can a certain secret bunker-keeper please post today's episode?
Same for Philly. But I'm recording for about two hours after nightline because that's something wpvi has done in the past.

The other pattern wpvi has used is to show today's episode tomorrow, and fridays on Saturday
Total game show career losings = $171,522
zerobandwidth
That Guy Who Said "Yay!"

Post by zerobandwidth »

Both the NYC and Philly stations will be playing it later tonight (02:00 and 01:00, respectively, if I've caught the Twitter chatter correctly.)
Battle of the Brains contestant, 1995-1997
Jeopardy! match 34:13, 2017-09-27
LearnedLeague: PatersonP (LL76: D Summit Div2)

The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
— from Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Working on it. Will post link in Secret Bunker News, the official thread of Team Penguin's guerilla upload service. Give it a couple of hours.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

opusthepenguin wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:18 pm Working on it. Will post link in Secret Bunker News, the official thread of Team Penguin's guerilla upload service. Give it a couple of hours.
You're a national treasure!
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

zerobandwidth wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:04 pm Both the NYC and Philly stations will be playing it later tonight (02:00 and 01:00, respectively, if I've caught the Twitter chatter correctly.)
TitanTV is saying ABC 7 (So. Cal) will show J! at 1:07A as well.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

FYI Reddit is up now.
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

Thanks folks for this discussion and info. and of course to Opus for doing a cool secret bunker.

Since Philly ABC was supposed to air the Jeopardy! episode approx. 1 am, though I'd check my guide; but my Fios guide is showing "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." Of course I've found Fios isn't always 100% correct so I'll just check in a few minutes.

Hope all of you get to see it eventually.
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

I'm BAAAAACK!

And delighted to report that indeed Jeopardy! is now airing on Philly ABC, so anyone who had set their taping should be happy. Fios was wrong again...

I'm taping it to watch later even as I post here.

Cheerio!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

jwatcher16 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:16 am I'm BAAAAACK!

And delighted to report that indeed Jeopardy! is now airing on Philly ABC, so anyone who had set their taping should be happy. Fios was wrong again...

Cheerio!
What time was it on in Philly? I taped from 1am - 330am

I wouldn't say so much as FIOS got it wrong as much as WPVI didn't notify FIOS of the change in schedule...it was sort of sudden.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

triviawayne wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:28 am
jwatcher16 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:16 am I'm BAAAAACK!

Cheerio!
What time was it on in Philly? I taped from 1am - 330am

I wouldn't say so much as FIOS got it wrong as much as WPVI didn't notify FIOS of the change in schedule...it was sort of sudden.
Hi triviawayne and everyone-

Well, it started at 1:07 a.m.. Now as far as who dropped the ball - Fios or WPVI - hard to say right now. Above, zerobandwidth reported that Philly would air it at 1 am - and I notice he cited some twitter chatter, so who knows? I'm not a happy camper, anyway, right now.

To my HORROR when I went to actually view the tape, the game wasn't there!!! I didn't program my dvr to tape; I had just found out a little while before and since the program guide said something different, I wanted to be sure. SO I ended up taping "manually." I started JUST as the contestants were being introduced. But when I played back, it started with the last couple of minutes of NIghtline, but STOPPED entirely after the contestants were introduced. WHAT A BUMMER.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Can someone please provide me with Wheel on Thursdays until the end of football season? Thursday Night Football's blocking it for me and I can't find it anywhere. I still don't even have last Thursday's, and the network isn't even showing it in the mornings.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:30 pm Can someone please provide me with Wheel on Thursdays until the end of football season? Thursday Night Football's blocking it for me and I can't find it anywhere. I still don't even have last Thursday's, and the network isn't even showing it in the mornings.
I can't help with Wheel, but Thursday Night Football on CBS is Oct. 5, 12, 19 & 26 only and not the whole season. CBS will have a football game on Thanksgiving in the 4:30 - 7:30 ET window, so make it 4-8ish.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:30 pm Can someone please provide me with Wheel on Thursdays until the end of football season? Thursday Night Football's blocking it for me and I can't find it anywhere. I still don't even have last Thursday's, and the network isn't even showing it in the mornings.
Do you know when you tape your episode?
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Bamaman wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 pm
Not yet. I will let everyone know.
mikebdoss
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mikebdoss »

Congrats, TenPoundHammer! I taped ages and ages ago, but it was an amazing experience.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:27 pm
Bamaman wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 pm
Not yet. I will let everyone know.
I just hope that there isn't a Food&Drink puzzle on your episode.
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

DOH! Could I pretty pleeeze with shoogar on top get a secret bunker for tonight's?! Moar solar static today- grrr! Mondays.... :x
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

goatman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:50 pm DOH! Could I pretty pleeeze with shoogar on top get a secret bunker for tonight's?! Moar solar static today- grrr! Mondays.... :x
Try the reddit guy:

https://www.reddit.com/user/jibjabjrjr
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

opusthepenguin wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:04 pm
goatman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:50 pm DOH! Could I pretty pleeeze with shoogar on top get a secret bunker for tonight's?! Moar solar static today- grrr! Mondays.... :x
Try the reddit guy:

https://www.reddit.com/user/jibjabjrjr
Worked great tyvvm! :D
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!