Questions about getting tickets, and other stuff

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Questions about getting tickets, and other stuff

Post by twelvefootboy »

Linear Gnome wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:16 pm
OntarioQuizzer wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:12 pm I would say, "be prepared for you to be told 'your tickets are for 2:15' when you call for confirmation".
As of today, the situation is still clear as mud. The confirmation line says that there is no taping today (1/17) but does not have any other clarifications. The 800 number recording says that J! tapings are at 11 and 2:15 and mentions the existence of Jan. 24 as a tape date. I suspect this all means that 12 PM is a typo but they're not aware of it yet. I left a message with Lee with Group Tickets saying that I'd appreciate clarification if it's convenient.

I'll check back later in the week to see if the RSVP's brought the (likely) typo to their attention. I don't think it's in anyone's best interests to have a bunch of people show up at 11:15 for a 2:15 taping.

Might as well ask: assuming that the taping is at 2:15, about what time am I likely to be released at the gate?

(BTW, there don't appear to be any studio tours on that day.)
Too bad about the studio tour; we didn't know about it in time to plan it but other people said it was worth the time.
We attended both sessions and just hung at the parking garage in between instead of trying to find the cafeteria, etc.. Lucky we had a snack in the car. If I recall, we left the gate about 1:30, but I'd hate to be responsible for you being late. I think the wait was shorter in the afternoon and we barely waited outside the studio. We are somewhat introverts, but still able to visit with family and friends and find out who to root for inside.
Hope everything goes well. It will go by fast!
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

I actually got a call back from Lee saying that the taping was "changed from 12:00 to 2:00" and to arrive by 1:30.
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

Linear Gnome wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:23 pm I actually got a call back from Lee saying that the taping was "changed from 12:00 to 2:00" and to arrive by 1:30.
LG,
I'm having trouble confirming my PM is sending. I did look up on Google maps our whereabouts of 12 December, and we arrived at the studio at 0935 and left at 1601. Airtight alibi for any crimes committed on the East coast that day. I thought it was 4PM in my earlier message, but padded it to 4:30. I know we were relieved to beat the 5PM traffic, but even that wasn't bad on the city streets. Freeways, something else.

You should have no problem making it to the airport by 1700 if you have a cab or uber waiting. If you have to return a rental it will be a little tougher, but doable.

Have fun!
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

twelvefootboy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:33 pm I'm having trouble confirming my PM is sending. I did look up on Google maps our whereabouts of 12 December, and we arrived at the studio at 0935 and left at 1601. Airtight alibi for any crimes committed on the East coast that day. I thought it was 4PM in my earlier message, but padded it to 4:30. I know we were relieved to beat the 5PM traffic, but even that wasn't bad on the city streets. Freeways, something else.

You should have no problem making it to the airport by 1700 if you have a cab or uber waiting. If you have to return a rental it will be a little tougher, but doable.

Have fun!
Thanks for the info! I hadn't realized that Google Maps kept that kind of information.