This is TD 361. Since 361 is a square number, this quiz is on squares of all varieties. Since 361 is specifically equal to 19 squared, and 19 is prime, this quiz is also on primes of all varieties.
1) Lowest point total wins; your score for each question is equal to the total number of players submitting that same answer.
2) Pay attention to the first sentence in each question - it tells you what is required in your answer.
3) You may use one DROP and take zero points for that question.
4) You may use one SHEEP answer to take the sheep answer for that question.
5) There will be a BONUS of (-4) for anyone who gives correct answers to all 10 questions, utilizing neither their drop nor their sheep options.
6) There are three additional opportunities for bonuses (-3 each). Use questions 11-13 for those.
7) Wrong responses (on Q1-Q10) are the higher of either +10 points or the "sheep" answer +3
8) All answers are due by 10 AM ET on Tuesday, December 12, 2017
9) Only the first submission per person is accepted; submit entries by PM or with this google form
1) Letter and answer required. Name one of the city squares pictured below (common name may or may not contain the word “square”).
2) Country name required. Name a country crossed by the Prime Meridian in either Africa or Europe (Note: Antarctica and countries controlling areas of Antarctica will not be counted here, unless the PM also crosses those countries in Africa or Europe. Also note that for this question, I will define a country as any full member of the United Nations).
3) Letter and actor/actress name required. Peter Cullen played the voice of Optimus Prime in the 2007 movie “Transformers.” Name the actor/actress (or voice actor/actress) who played any of these other roles in at least one of the installments of the series (for the purposes of this game, we are considering five installments, released in 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014, and 2017):
- Sam Witwicky
- Mikaela Banes
- Joshua Joyce
- Cade Yeager
- Robert Epps
- Sir Edmund Burton
- My Triangle
- Share it Maybe
- Big Bird Doesn’t Fly
- C Drives Me Crazy
- Furry Happy Monsters
- What Makes U Useful
- Elmo and the Lavender Moon
- A Cookie is a Sometimes Food
- El Patito
- Hey Food
6) Letter and answer required. The USDA grades beef based on two main criteria – marbling and age of the animal at slaughter. There are eight grades as of 2017, of which the highest quality, as you probably know, is U.S. Prime, mostly marketed to hotels and restaurants. In the picture, twelve cuts of beef are labeled. Pick a letter and name the cut of beef labeled by that letter. An answer bank is provided.
Answer bank for Q6:
- Bottom Sirloin
- Short Loin
- Top Sirloin
7) Letter and number required. A chessboard has lots of squares (64 individual ones, to be exact). Choose a letter (first name) and number (last name) from the lists below to create the name of a World Chess Champion.
As a bonus (-3 points, no penalty for wrong answers on this bonus), abiding by the NFL's current numbering rules for defensive backs, name 3 prime jersey numbers that Deion "Prime Time" Sanders could have worn to better live up to his nickname. Use question 12 for this bonus. You must submit exactly 3 numbers on this one to have a chance at this bonus.
9) Letter and answer required. Speaking of Prime Time, the 69th (nice) Primetime Emmy Award ceremony was held on September 17, 2017. Name the show (a-g) or person (h-k) that won the Emmy in any of these categories. The network airing the show is given as a hint (note that if you select any of h-k, I still want the name of the person, even though the hint is still the network airing the winner's show):
- Outstanding Comedy Series (HBO)
- Outstanding Drama Series (Hulu)
- Outstanding Variety Talk Series (HBO)
- Outstanding Variety Sketch Series (NBC)
- Outstanding Limited Series (HBO)
- Outstanding Television Movie (Netflix)
- Outstanding Reality-Competition Program (NBC)
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (FX)
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (HBO)
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (NBC)
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series (Hulu)
10) Polygon and number required. We had to have one actual math question on this. A square is a regular polygon – a polygon whose sides have equal length, and whose interior angles have equal measure. Give the name of another polygon (other than a square) with up to 12 sides, and the measure, in degrees, of one of its interior angles, if that polygon were a regular polygon. If the measure of the angle is not a whole number of degrees, round it to the nearest tenth of a degree. For this question, polygons are distinguished only by their number of sides (i.e. different names for the same polygon will be considered as the same answer).
11. Bonus (-3 points) - name a USDA grade of beef other than prime, choice, or select.
12. Bonus (-3 points) - 3 prime jersey numbers that Deion "Prime Time" Sanders could have worn in the NFL at his position.
13. Bonus (up to -3 points) - up to 2 losing nominees in the category you picked on #9.