FJs for the 12/11/17 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 12/11/17 week?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Taiji, the Great Ultimate, is the source of this pair that's represented by the colors orange & azure respectively
82%
The name of this city in the Départemente du Nord comes from the Flemish for "church of the dunes"
50%
In a 1967 novel this Nobel Prize winner wrote, “The secret of a good old age is simply an honorable pact with solitude”
56%
In 2016 the Wingfoot Two, one of these, was christened near Akron
70%
The setting for this 1994 Oscar-winning animated film was inspired by Kenya’s Hell’s Gate National Park
94%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  I checked all five above.
22%
:( :( :( :( :(  I missed all the FJ! clues.
No votes
ASIAN RIVERS $2000: Indonesia’s longest river, the Kapuas, flows around 700 miles on this, the world’s third-largest island
40%
EXILED! $1200: While in exile in Paris, Thomas Hobbes completed this work named for a biblical sea monster
81%
LIVE IN TEXAS $400: Live in this city & you too will want to “Keep” it “Weird”; there’s even a festival devoted to that goal
83%
"orange & azure" in the Monday FJ! clue's wording caused me to hesitate while solving or missing the clue.
62%
I have seen the movie "Dunkirk" and I still failed to solve the Tuesday FJ! clue correctly.
8%
I have read more than one page of any work by Gabriel García Márquez.
29%
I had "airship" (with or without Goodyear) for my Thursday FJ! clue response.
3%
I had blimp (with or without Goodyear) for my Thursday FJ! clue response.
58%
Whether movie screen, home video, and/or stage production I have seen "The Lion King."
73%

Total votes: 126

Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Re: FJs for the 12/11/17 week

Post by Carpe Diem »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :( :mrgreen:

Lefty
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Lefty »

I was sort of spoiled on Friday, but only after having had some time to think about it, so I guess I can't really abstain. I think I'd have thought of it if it were Kids' Week.

I have read "No One Writes to the Colonel", but that's all. Looking at its Wikipedia page just now I see that Garcia-Marquez considered it his best book, and that he had to write One Hundred Years of Solitude just to get people to read it. Gee, Gabriel, I'd have saved you the effort had I known.

I did get the extras right. I happened to remember that Borneo was #3.
I'm smart and I want respect.
DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Post by DBear »

:mrgreen: :( :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Shoulda got Dunkirk, Marquez is a total blind spot in my knowledge.
:( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: answered Java.
I thought everyone had seen The Lion King.
I had Goodyear Blimp and was disapponted that just "blimp" was accepted.
ClosingTime
Valued Contributor

Post by ClosingTime »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:
:( :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Orange and azure didn't faze me. I have not seen Dunkirk. I have not read anything by Garcia Marquez (that I recall). Didn't follow the bread crumbs to Goodyear on Thursday, though I should have. I have seen the movie and stage musical of The Lion King once each, I think; with more exposure, meerkats might have made more of an impression on me.

32335232[13ToC}3133, 37-33