Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Volante »

opusthepenguin wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:43 am
CHAPTER 5 OF PHILIP NEL'S BOOK ABOUT THIS AUTHOR IS "THE DISNEYFICATION OF" HIM: "FAITHFUL TO PROFIT, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT?"
I just had a thought.
CHAPTER 5 IN A BIO OF THIS AUTHOR WENT "FAITHFUL TO PROFIT, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT?"
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
silverpie
Contributor

Post by silverpie »

9021amyers wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:53 am I’d treat the clue as if saying “Russia” would prompt a BMS from the judges. If you could come up with the USSR after that, count it.
That would actually be a "be less specific", since Russia is a subset of the USSR. (They actually used that phrasing once, going from Old Testament to Bible.)
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

AcaPulpo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:20 pm
Golf wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:27 pm That endgame was tough to watch. With (I think) 9 clues left and a DD available they went to the only top row clue. Remy took a small lead with 2 clues left, and then chose the $2k one when the $400 clue couldn't hurt her. Then she didn't stay clam and missed it meaning she had no chance of finishing the round in the lead.
Want the truth? I had no idea I was in the lead. And I wasn't doing any math while I was trying to answer clues. You and twelvefootboy are so right about strategy... and I had none of it. I just wanted to get something right after that disastrous first round! I should've kept mum -- you'd think a librarian would know that. :oops:
Remy - Welcome aboard!!! I'm just a tourist here (not a wannabe or neverwas player), but here your 15 minutes of fame will continue just like Al Bundy's 4 touchdown game in High School!
I deleted part of my original post wondering how good your wrong answer actually was and if Persian and Ottoman is a coinflip. You were so quick I assumed it was a WAG, but it was awful close to being right :( . I shortened the post because everyone here is awesome at answering and clarifying questions, but I don't want to be too lazy to Google and Wiki. One special needs education thread is enough, methinks ;) .
Kate's sole solve and Riverboat betting in FJ made it moot anyway. Hope you are enjoying the ability to breathe and relax now that the secrecy period is over!
BTW- love the avatar/screen name. I got sick on one tiny bite of bad pupol in a Spanish tapa bar a long time ago and it's my go to euphemism for something bad, but nobody gets the joke :lol:
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.