Friday, December 22, 2017 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Friday, December 22, 2017 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by MarkBarrett »

seaborgium wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:56 am I just stumbled on this article from August about a J! audition that mentions Donna. http://www.telegraphherald.com/ap/enter ... 40ce5.html

The relevant portion:
Donna Brown, of Seattle, told Speak that her mother had appeared on “Sale of the Century” when she was pregnant with her (she still uses the luggage she won on the show) and that her brother, Eric was a “Jeopardy!” winner who took her on a trip to Mexico.

“I have to fulfill this destiny,” Brown said about why she auditioned.
The former part was mentioned in one of her Alex chats; the writer must have misunderstood Donna's explanation of the latter part: Eric Brown got that trip to Mexico by coming in second in 1999. (Either that, or there's an unarchived champ named Eric Brown who just happened to take a trip to the country where a later Eric Brown would get a trip to as a consolation prize. MarkBarrett, maybe you can dig up a tape to see if 1999's Eric bears a resemblance to Donna...?)

Edit: the second picture in the article has Donna in it, and the caption also mentions the $otC tidbit and the fake news about her brother.
Where's Maury? You ARE the brother!

summerbabe

Re: Friday, December 22, 2017 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by summerbabe »

I just saw this! Yep, that's my second-place-winning brother, Eric :)
one-day Jeopardy! champ- went down in flames Christmas Day 2017. Some call me Lady Austin Rogers. My husband calls me Mrs. H. Twitter has called me many things.