College Tournament taping postponed

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: College Tournament taping postponed

Post by Bamaman »

I recall some game show hosts years ago mentioning they taped five shows in one day.

I don’t mind Alex saying things like “yesterday’s show” or wishing us a Merry Christmas when it is really mid-October. But acting like a player didn’t go out and get drunk at a Nrw Year’s Eve party is stretching it a bit.

I did get a chuckle from some of the people on the Facebook page wondering if the show would be off the air or who would be filling in for him.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Bamaman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:03 am I did get a chuckle from some of the people on the Facebook page wondering if the show would be off the air or who would be filling in for him.
I don't mean to be morbid, but maybe someone else recalls the episode of "The Joker's Wild" that aired the very day Jack Barry's passing was reported. One of the contestants was a funeral director/mortician, and the host joked, "Hey, we all gotta go sometime!"

Here's wishing AT a speedy, speedy recovery. He's a hard-workin' guy, but if he needs to rest his noggin even more, they can always rerun the Austin episodes.
OSXpert
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by OSXpert »

This tweet implies Alex is back to taping:

AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

A few Boardies contributed to this, and it was edited by Jennifer Morrow (who did a terrific job):

Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Thanks for sharing that. It was very nicely done. Good job, Jennifer!!!
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Jennifer et al, this is just wonderful. (Hold the phone--"Paris Themmen Season 34" at 2:11?! :o Can't wait!)
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

squarekara wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:17 pm Jennifer et al, this is just wonderful. (Hold the phone--"Paris Themmen Season 34" at 2:11?! :o Can't wait!)
Crossing over from another thread:
MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:50 pm On FB I saw a post about someone (will go on the list with Chub Feeney for having prior fame and being a player on the regular show) appearing on March 27th.
(My note: I still personally think that this March 27 will become March 13 but obviously nothing has been confirmed.)
Andy Saunders
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 pm
squarekara wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:17 pm Jennifer et al, this is just wonderful. (Hold the phone--"Paris Themmen Season 34" at 2:11?! :o Can't wait!)
MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:50 pm On FB I saw a post about someone (will go on the list with Chub Feeney for having prior fame and being a player on the regular show) appearing on March 27th.
(My note: I still personally think that this March 27 will become March 13 but obviously nothing has been confirmed.)
The whole family will be watching for sure.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Our local station reported AT's return on their post-Jeopardy! news broadcast this afternoon. They showed a couple still photos from a taping, and he's looking good! :)
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Does anybody know what the last show taped before his surgery was?
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Thanks for sharing that video, Andy. I was especially tickled to see one of my pub trivia teammates (Eric Berman) in there.
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 pm Does anybody know what the last show taped before his surgery was?
Per my records, it was supposed to be the show airing April 6 (taped December 13). That date had the 2-week College Championship built into it, though.
Andy Saunders
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 pm
His wife was on a season or so ago too I believe (I remember her interview story about being married to him)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

The J! website gives the dates of the College Championship as April 9-20 and the Teachers Tournament as May 7-18. I can attest to the fact that the two weeks of games airing between the tournaments were taped this week. The week of April 23 was taped 1/23, and I was fortunate to attend the taping of all five games for the week of April 30 on 1/24 (I'm not sure whether to call it yesterday or today since I haven't been to sleep yet). Alex mentioned the Teachers Tournament (with the usual "the champ will need to wait two weeks to defend his/her title"). I don't know if he said anything Tuesday to the effect of "wasn't that an exciting College Championship", but I'd be surprised if he didn't.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 pm
Bamaman wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 pm Does anybody know what the last show taped before his surgery was?
Per my records, it was supposed to be the show airing April 6 (taped December 13). That date had the 2-week College Championship built into it, though.
So if we kick that back two weeks he had his surgery over the weekend of March 23/26.

Thanks for the information.
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Linear Gnome wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:45 am The J! website gives the dates of the College Championship as April 9-20 and the Teachers Tournament as May 7-18. I can attest to the fact that the two weeks of games airing between the tournaments were taped this week. The week of April 23 was taped 1/23, and I was fortunate to attend the taping of all five games for the week of April 30 on 1/24 (I'm not sure whether to call it yesterday or today since I haven't been to sleep yet). Alex mentioned the Teachers Tournament (with the usual "the champ will need to wait two weeks to defend his/her title"). I don't know if he said anything Tuesday to the effect of "wasn't that an exciting College Championship", but I'd be surprised if he didn't.
This is excellent information. Thank you!
Andy Saunders