Monday, January 15, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Monday, January 15, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by alietr »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:15 am
AFRET CMS wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 pm
alietr wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:54 am I'll say it. I like Young Sheldon, and I think the kid is great in it. As a long-time fan of BBT, I feel like that show has gone seriously downhill in the last few seasons. At this point, I think I even prefer Young Sheldon. So there.
Not to help the board devolve into a TV Critic's Corner, but we watched the first several episodes of Young Sheldon, just couldn't get into it, and quit watching. I like the actors who play his mother, brother, and sister, don't care much for the father's performance, and Armitage seems to be trying too hard with Sheldon; he comes across as pretentious and unnatural instead of simply un-self-aware, the way Jim Parsons plays him as an adult. Also not a big fan of the writing -- BBT has less comedy, but more wit. Annie Potts, however, is a scream. Maybe they should rework the program as "Young Sheldon's Meemaw." That would probably get us to watching again.
The BBT fans who have not seen or have given up on Young Sheldon should see at least the last two minutes of the 2/1 episode.
We've been enjoying YS more than BBT lately. And Annie Potts is great in it. But Sheldon's mother had the line of the night on last night's episode.
TenPoundHammer

Re: Monday, January 15, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by TenPoundHammer »

alietr wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:06 am We've been enjoying YS more than BBT lately. And Annie Potts is great in it. But Sheldon's mother had the line of the night on last night's episode.
Someone tell me what the appeal is in adult Sheldon. I find him completely insufferable, unfunny, anti-charismatic, etc. It's like his whole character is "LOL, this guy doesn't know how to communicate with people in a way that resembles human contact!"