Thursday, February 1, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

cthulhu
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Thursday, February 1, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by cthulhu »

Instaget on the whole football category. I haven't watched much football for a couple of decades at least, but I grew up in a household that was football-crazy and my alma mater was extremely successful with an option offense. To mix a metaphor, I thought all of these were softballs :lol:
da Doctah

Post by da Doctah »

True story: I've heard the term "amuse bouche" exactly once in real life. From a waiter at a restaurant in San Diego's Gaslight district. The evening before my first in-person Jeopardy! audition about eight years ago.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Bumparooni.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

In the interview segment, did Justin mispronounce "heroine" (a la someone who's only ever read the word, not heard it spoken) or is there a play that features a "hero-iney"?
davey

Post by davey »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:45 am In the interview segment, did Justin mispronounce "heroine" (a la someone who's only ever read the word, not heard it spoken) or is there a play that features a "hero-iney"?
Perhaps it's a "hero-whiny"?? Or even "Hero-ione," a play on Hermione, a good name for an "old-fashioned melodrama." I feel confident Justin was in on the joke, whatever it was.
Last edited by davey on Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

davey wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:06 am
Robert K S wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:45 am In the interview segment, did Justin mispronounce "heroine" (a la someone who's only ever read the word, not heard it spoken) or is there a play that features a "hero-iney"?
Perhaps it's a "hero-whiny"?? Or even "Hero-whione," a play on Hermione, a good name for an "old-fashioned melodrama." I feel confident Justin was in on the joke, whatever it was.
Agreed. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the interviews tonight, but I just listened back, and he might as well have winked as he said it.