Adult tests March 6,7,8, teen test March 15

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

mikebdoss
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Adult tests March 6,7,8, teen test March 15

Post by mikebdoss »

We were told at our audition "Start counting 18 months from today". I've got about 7 months left in the pool, but I'm anxious because I know they've filmed shows through the middle of June already, so I'm worried there'll be a big break soon (and/or they've already chosen everyone they need). But I've got until September (or longer) before being too sad about it.
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

triviawayne wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 am
AFRET CMS wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:28 pm
lisa0012 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:34 pm My 18 months expired last week. Nothing within driving distance, but maybe I'll do the 1.5 hour flight to New Orleans or St Louis. Apparently the 3rd time was not the charm, but the 4th time could be...
I repeated the online qualifying exam two weeks after my 18 months expired, got "the call" about two weeks after that without a second audition. I don't know if the 18-month eligibility period is flexible or if the second online test had anything to do with it, but I think you'll absolutely want to take the online test regardless of audition cities offered, just in case.
We've seen a few people on here mention they thought their time expired when they managed to get the call. I would guess it is somehow flexible as I doubt that many people miscounted the 18 month time period.
Enough people have posted here that I know the 18 months is flexible. I'm going to take every chance I get, though. Maggie recognized me at my third audition, and said she was happy I was back, so she'll just get the honor of seeing me again :D
rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by rouquinne »

morbeedo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:56 am My audition was in July, so I'm skipping this online test and taking the next one, whenever it is. I wash out of the pool in January, so it will most likely be >18 months

I've been quite discouraged about not getting the call, but now I'm somewhat heartened by the tales of all those called at the end of their pool swim
I'm pretty sure I've seen boardies post that they got the call AFTER they got out of the pool!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Got an email from J! saying that Jimmy will be giving liveconline test prep tomorrow at 2pm Pacific. J! might show the video on their channel later but if they don’t can someone record it for those of us st work on that time?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

morbeedo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:56 am I've been quite discouraged about not getting the call, but now I'm somewhat heartened by the tales of all those called at the end of their pool swim
Lindsay Resnick's audition was in June 2015; she taped in October 2017 with a January 2018 airdate.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
billiej

Post by billiej »

dhkendall wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:26 pm Got an email from J! saying that Jimmy will be giving liveconline test prep tomorrow at 2pm Pacific. J! might show the video on their channel later but if they don’t can someone record it for those of us st work on that time?
Seconded!
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:44 pm
morbeedo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:56 am I've been quite discouraged about not getting the call, but now I'm somewhat heartened by the tales of all those called at the end of their pool swim
Lindsay Resnick's audition was in June 2015; she taped in October 2017 with a January 2018 airdate.
thanks for the encouragement. I'm slammed at work and moving at the end of the month, so if the call comes this week, the timing will be most terrible
Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

Are people able to take the test at any time? I wasn't asked which specific test I wanted to take. I did have an audition in October 2016 so I might still be in the contestant pool. It's only been 17 months.
PowerofHoodoo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

Johnblue wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:18 pm Are people able to take the test at any time? I wasn't asked which specific test I wanted to take. I did have an audition in October 2016 so I might still be in the contestant pool. It's only been 17 months.
I was in a similar situation after an audition; the test was less than 3 weeks before my 18 months was up. I emailed the contestant coordinators, and they said to go ahead since any invitation to audition would be outside the window.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Johnblue wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:18 pm Are people able to take the test at any time? I wasn't asked which specific test I wanted to take. I did have an audition in October 2016 so I might still be in the contestant pool. It's only been 17 months.
you can take any of the three tests, it never asks you which one you want to take. I have taken each of the three days at one time or another.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

Thanks, folks! I can't take the test tomorrow night so I'll do it Wednesday.