LearnedLeague 76 - Official Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: LearnedLeague 76 - Official Thread

Post by econgator »

Somehow, I am still undefeated 8 days in. I'm waiting on regression to the norm to come calling -- with a vengeance.
mennoknight
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mennoknight »

I have the 3rd highest TMP in my rundle, and I'm in.....21st.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

econgator wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:15 am Somehow, I am still undefeated 8 days in. I'm waiting on regression to the norm to come calling -- with a vengeance.
I feel a brutal regression coming up soon too...i just hope it waits until the 12th to start.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

The last two days, I beat mrparadise and a five-time champ from the mid-90's to advance to 5-2-1, just outside the promotion zone. My TCA is one of the worst, but my CAA is one of the lowest and my DE one of the highest in my rundle. I also had a forfeit win. You've got to get wins any way you can... legally, of course.
Hoping for a third lap
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I'm up 118 on QPct from my long-term average. Regression is surely coming.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

alietr wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:43 pm I'm up 118 on QPct from my long-term average. Regression is surely coming.
*nod* I'm +127 right now. It's gonna be painful.
clprez

Post by clprez »

econgator wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:21 pm
alietr wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:43 pm I'm up 118 on QPct from my long-term average. Regression is surely coming.
I'm about 140 above my average, and in 4th place in my rundle. Last season I was in last place after the first week, and spent the rest of the season trying to stay out of relegation. This season the questions are much easier for me as I have been taking some educated guesses that have been correct. I hope this means that I'm finally beginning to get a good feel for the hints that Thorsten puts in a question or purposefully leaves out.

However, like you guys, I'm awaiting the pendulum to swing back in the other direction. I just hope I don't get promoted if I end up keeping up this pace. I think that quite a number of people were promoted at the beginning of this season even though they didn't finish in the promotion zone, and it would be way too depressing for me to be in a C rundle.
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

I'm currently in second in my rookie rundle. There is no way I'm remotely competent to be in a B rundle, yet that's where I would go if the season ended today. (There's somebody 9-0-0 ahead of me; perhaps she could end up going straight to A if there's a spot available.)
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

clprez wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:12 pm
econgator wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:21 pm
I'm about 140 above my average, and in 4th place in my rundle. Last season I was in last place after the first week, and spent the rest of the season trying to stay out of relegation. This season the questions are much easier for me as I have been taking some educated guesses that have been correct. I hope this means that I'm finally beginning to get a good feel for the hints that Thorsten puts in a question or purposefully leaves out.

However, like you guys, I'm awaiting the pendulum to swing back in the other direction. I just hope I don't get promoted if I end up keeping up this pace. I think that quite a number of people were promoted at the beginning of this season even though they didn't finish in the promotion zone, and it would be way too depressing for me to be in a C rundle.
This season has felt like an easy one in general so far. Only 2 people in my rundle are below 100% QVH--and those 2 are at 98%. I'm at 126% myself. I expect a regression for myself, but it should hit everyone (I hope).
Sheepin' it real.
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

I am remarkably on average this season- 13/26th place, lost again to you, and my QPct is 0.005 off of my historical average. So I hope that there is no regression for me!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

cmp146 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:04 am
I am remarkably on average this season- 13/26th place, lost again to you, and my QPct is 0.005 off of my historical average. So I hope that there is no regression for me!
Sorry my (presumed) regression will be untimely from your standpoint.
kickerofelves
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by kickerofelves »

B Typhoon, checking in.

Where I'm not exactly relishing my opportunity to play a certain MaddenDavid. :?
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

That makes two consecutive double doughnut days for me. But at least my opponent in yesterday's match also went 0/6!
Volante

Post by Volante »

Thank you Oscar Winner I've not yet seen for the win. (Ziegfeld)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

Yesterday was the third time in 9 matches I've got more correct than my opponent and lost, this time 1(2)- 3(1). I have a grand total of 24 TMP on 24 TCA. Apparently I'm the only person in E Mag 2 that can't play defense.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Do you think "Ziegfield" was accepted for Ziegfeld? I see PT Barnum as the MCWA, so I'm suspecting it was.

I was that close on Q1. Went with "get naked" even though it seemed ungainly to have the word "get" used twice. Not sure why I didn't think of "be naked." Oh well, still managed a tie.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 am Do you think "Ziegfield" was accepted for Ziegfeld? I see PT Barnum as the MCWA, so I'm suspecting it was.

I was that close on Q1. Went with "get naked" even though it seemed ungainly to have the word "get" used twice. Not sure why I didn't think of "be naked." Oh well, still managed a tie.
I had "go topless", so I was on the right track. The quote rang no bells, but I do remember a bunch of protesters going topless in several museums.
Volante

Post by Volante »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 am Do you think "Ziegfield" was accepted for Ziegfeld? I see PT Barnum as the MCWA, so I'm suspecting it was.
According to the LL forum, 'Ziegfield' was accepted. Note for the future, if applicable, though: J! does not accept Ziegfield.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:27 am
According to the LL forum, 'Ziegfield' was accepted. Note for the future, if applicable, though: J! does not accept Ziegfield.
I still lost the match, but I got by with my kibbutz for the kibitz. I would not have bet the farm that would have counted.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Volante wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:27 am
Yes, I decided to start a thread there. Thorsten is generous. I wouldn't have taken Ziegfield.