LearnedLeague 76 - Official Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

clprez
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Learned League 76 - Official Thread

Post by clprez »

I will be in D Prairie 1 along with bamaman.
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

A Midland with troydozzy, along with my referrer, who I played against on air last year. Look forward to practicing the virtue of humility multiple times this season.
zerobandwidth
That Guy Who Said "Yay!"

Post by zerobandwidth »

As indicated by my rookie finish in LL75, I'll be in D Summit Div2, as well as the Rundle in the Jundle. Let's see if my consistent string of trivial mediocrity continues for another season! :lol:
Battle of the Brains contestant, 1995-1997
Jeopardy! match 34:13, 2017-09-27
LearnedLeague: PatersonP (LL76: D Summit Div2)

The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
— from Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

I'm in Division 1 of Sugarloaf Rundle R.

Rookie question: How early in the morning can I submit? A day after a federal holiday can easily mean a 15-16 hour workday at the post office and I have no idea when I'll get home Tuesday.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

Ironhorse wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:35 pm I'm in Division 1 of Sugarloaf Rundle R.

Rookie question: How early in the morning can I submit? A day after a federal holiday can easily mean a 15-16 hour workday at the post office and I have no idea when I'll get home Tuesday.
On Monday (or the first day of a LL week, such as this Tuesday): midnight Central, or whatever that works out to in your time zone.

Later days in the week: my experience has been that the previous day's results are usually available between 1 AM and 2 AM central, at which point the next day's questions become available.

Good luck, and enjoy!
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

Back in B Prairie for another go-round at staving off relegation and maintaining mediocrity. See you on MD15, BarrettM! My brother got moved to A and moved to Elysium, so I won't be able to tie him for the 3rd straight season. I'll miss the sibling rivalry.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Ironhorse wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:35 pm I'm in Division 1 of Sugarloaf Rundle R.

You can play Day 1 right now if you want to. You can play up to ten games a season in advance.

Click on Thorsten’s Desk and look for Advance Access.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

Blue Lion wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:15 pm I'm back for another season in A Horizon. The beatings will continue...
Best of luck Blue Lion! See you on Tuesday.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

jjwaymee wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:58 pm
Blue Lion wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:15 pm I'm back for another season in A Horizon. The beatings will continue...
Best of luck Blue Lion! See you on Tuesday.
Thanks, and a belated thank-you for sponsoring my membership in this august organization.
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

Bamaman wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:24 pm

You can play Day 1 right now if you want to. You can play up to ten games a season in advance.

Click on Thorsten’s Desk and look for Advance Access.
I've done that, thanks!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Glad I could help.

Since this was your first day, I just wanted to let you and anyone else know that any discussion whatsoever about the questions is forbidden on here until the results are posted on the LL site.

This includes saying things like “they were hard” or “I got four right”.
1stlvlthinker

Post by 1stlvlthinker »

After playing some really shoddy defense, I'm back in Bayou E (Div 1). Let's see if I can bounce back.
Now swimming in the J! pool.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

morbeedo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:07 pm I just missed promotion to Continental A last season, but ultimately didn't make it. Now I find myself bumped up to Taiga A, which is weird
One of my other referrals asked if we could move to Taiga, so I asked Thorsten if my branch (I have my own branch! That's so weird) could move there. Welcome to A Taiga!
countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!

Post by countyguy »

ElendilPickle wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:41 pm
morbeedo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:07 pm I just missed promotion to Continental A last season, but ultimately didn't make it. Now I find myself bumped up to Taiga A, which is weird
One of my other referrals asked if we could move to Taiga, so I asked Thorsten if my branch (I have my own branch! That's so weird) could move there. Welcome to A Taiga!
You asked? I thought you all had moved just because Thorsten, on his own, had the sense of humor to move you in response to your referral's posts in the thread for the new league name poll...
mennoknight

Post by mennoknight »

I’m in B *squints* Taiga? Where my Pacific dogs at?
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Yay! Looking forward to playing in the big leagues!
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

I'll be in E Magnolia Div 2, hoping to get back to D next season.
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

This will be my first LL season (R Taiga Div 2) and I'm really psyched to participate. Thanks to fellow boardie Matt Knowles for generously extending an invite!
I would prefer not to.
acthomas

Post by acthomas »

First time in A after 15 prior seasons below (Summit). Get to face off against my MMama and 2 Crias for the first time in a long time!

I *may* have woken up this morning in a panic that I'd somehow missed questions from the night before, then gotten disappointed to wait another day.

Nothing is better for my morning wake-up times than being in LL season and getting up to check results!
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

countyguy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:45 pm
You asked? I thought you all had moved just because Thorsten, on his own, had the sense of humor to move you in response to your referral's posts in the thread for the new league name poll...
I did. I just thought it would be a nice thing to do.