FJs for the 2/12/18 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 2/12/18 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:49 pm

A 2007 headline said after being ridiculed since the 1950s, it "takes its victory lap" & noted the auction of one for $184,000
73%
In 2017 the Bel-Air estate used in this '60s TV show was listed for $350 million
79%
The title of this dance hit, No. 1 for 14 weeks in the ’90s, can refer to a Seville, Spain neighborhood or a woman from there
91%
Though it means “one who serves”, in medieval Japan it was a property holder who received rent from serfs
47%
Some residents of the place with this name came from Kensington Gardens, where they had fallen out of their perambulators
43%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  I checked all five above.
16%
:( :( :( :( :(  I missed all the FJ! clues.
1%
WORLD WAR I LITERATURE $1600: Roald Dahl wrote, "Constant twitching & jerking & snorting" were all signs of this alliterative disorder
52%
OLD NAMES ON THE MAP $2000: Prior to 1925 this world capital was known as Kristiania
52%
AMERICAN BOOKS & AUTHORS $2000: The title character of this Edith Wharton novel is in love with Mattie Silver, his wife’s cousin
38%
I guessed the wrong car for the Monday FJ! clue.
9%
I have seen at least one episode of "The Beverly Hillbillies."
66%
Shogun was my incorrect guess for the Thursday FJ! clue.
34%
Wonderland was my incorrect guess for the Friday FJ! clue.
5%
I knew "perambulators" in the Friday FJ! clue's wording were baby carriages.
59%
I was not familiar with the term "perambulators" in the Friday FJ! clue's wording.
33%

Total votes: 128

dinghammer
No Relation

Re: FJs for the 2/12/18 week

Post by dinghammer »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :?: :mrgreen:

Someone blurted out Oslo before I could even think about it. I can't watch the whole show with my fingers in my ears...
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

FOTS wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:08 am I have a question about Friday's final jeopardy. My guess was "Neverland". I am curious as to whether that would have been acceptable or not. My first instinct would be that it would since its more commonly published that way and still refers to the same place. Unfortunately nobody on the show guessed "Neverland" so I can't say for sure. What do you guys think?
In the first box of this thread there is a spoiler box with the correct responses. Neverland is fine. The third post of the Friday thread has Neverland as a correct response as well. Count it for sure without doubt. If you need to vote again on the poll you can do it without skewing the results.
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:( :( :mrgreen:
The Talking Mime

Post by The Talking Mime »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Count me in with those who said shogun on Thursday. I know what a pram is, but I didn't know it came from "perambulator."

The Beverly Hillbillies is waaaaay before my time, so I haven't ever seen an episode.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."
-Bertrand Russell
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :(
:? :( :(

Drove my imaginary Edsel to see the Clampetts who originated near here. Only know the Macarena because of the political convention when the conventioneers tried to be hip.
Whiffed with geisha on Thursday, considered Shogun and stuck with first choice - good advice, right :).
Disregarded Wonderland because no child residents there I know of, tried to conjure up a Lord of the Flies connection but don't know the material, and settled on Hogwarts just to have a guess.

Could've got shell shock easily without the Dahlstraction. No chance on the capital or the book.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

:( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :(
:( :mrgreen: :(

I don't remember what I guessed on Monday. I checked the box for having seen at least one episode of The Beverly Hillbillies, but I'm not 100% certain I've seen a complete episode. Sometimes I'd fall asleep watching Perry Mason on MeTV and wake up early to an episode of BH (which doesn't seem to currently be showing on MeTV). I did know what a perambulator is but incorrectly guessed Hogwarts.

32335232[13ToC}3133343234433, 66-49
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :( :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Can't believe I didn't get macarena.