Wednesday, December 28, 2011 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Re: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 Game Recap & Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

Onairb wrote:
BigDaddyJ wrote:
Tehshigelisok wrote:What's wrong with me?
I think we beat that topic to death on the old board. Since the discussion seems to have been fruitless, I don't think we really need to have it again.
No, the correct response is 'What is thanks for stopping by, now get lost?' :roll:
I have an idea. I'll take Former TPH off your hands by inviting him to leave his comments on my blog instead. Seriously. All in favor...?
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

thejeopardyfan wrote: I have an idea. I'll take Former TPH off your hands by inviting him to leave his comments on my blog instead. Seriously. All in favor...?
OK, and I suggest you make your signature here an actual link to it. Like mine. Although no one ever clicks on it. :)

ETA: I put a link to JBoard on my blog.
Last edited by Vanya on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

And I will add that it would be helpful to have a link to JBoard from your blog. The one that was one there points to the old address, so Google is not finding it at all. In fact, Google isn't finding any links to JBoard. That's part of the reason it hasn't been getting ranked very high since the move.
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

Vanya: I've tried to, ever since I first signed up here. It seems straightforward, but I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I'll try again when my computer's on. (I'm doing this from my phone.)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Been taken care of for you, Jeanie.
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

Thanks, alietr! Re: your previous post, I don't have a list of links on the site. (It would be a pretty short list!) :) When I do refer to the boards, I include a link to the appropriate thread.
whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Post by whoisalexjacob »

thejeopardyfan wrote: I have an idea. I'll take Former TPH off your hands by inviting him to leave his comments on my blog instead. Seriously. All in favor...?
What? Kinda rude suggestion IMO.
Tehshigelisok
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by Tehshigelisok »

omgwheelhouse wrote:
Seriously. I know I'm the village joker here. I shouldn't also have to be the village punching bag just because I'm not as "in" with the game.

Just accept that some of us Jeopardy! fans enjoy watching the game even though we suck pond scum at playing it.
Really, I'm TenPoundHammer. Same as always.
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

Tehshigelisok wrote:
omgwheelhouse wrote:
Seriously. I know I'm the village joker here. I shouldn't also have to be the village punching bag just because I'm not as "in" with the game.

Just accept that some of us Jeopardy! fans enjoy watching the game even though we suck pond scum at playing it.
You know that's not what's been bothering us. The offer's on the table. Everybody else: I tried!
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

omgwheelhouse wrote: I agree. I think they are coming down a little hard on you, (and I do know of you from the old board even if I didn't post then.) Just start reading through archive games and taking notes on the things you don't know if you want to get better. Start watching Top Chef on Bravo (or a gazillion other shows) if you want to learn about fancy food without eating at fancy restaurants. Etc.

And, I think whoever took your screen name is lame; the admin should just delete that name and let you take it back if you want it.
I'm gone for a week and look what happens. I 'parked' this username back in July and thought I was doing everyone a favor. It took him almost 6 months to figure it out, didn't it? Lame? I don't think so.

Anyway, on the old board, you could 'ignore' him which was perfectly fine until someone would respond to one of his typical posts:

1. How is anyone supposed to know that...blah...blah...blah
2. Where's the TOM..blah...blah...blah
3. I've never heard of that...blah...blah...blah
4. I don't eat that...blah...blah...blah

The fact that people keep trying to tell him to read more, listen more and pay attention more is mind-boggling to me. It ain't gonna to happen.
Vanya wrote:
Tehshigelisok wrote:I'm Bobby "TenPoundHammer" everywhere else, and I wanna know who already used the moniker TenPoundHammer here. (Wasn't me, since the password didn't match.)
You needed the password not matching to tell you it wasn't you?
THAT is hysterical.
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

TenPoundHammer wrote: I'm gone for a week and look what happens. I 'parked' this username back in July and thought I was doing everyone a favor. It took him almost 6 months to figure it out, didn't it? Lame? I don't think so.
Be a sport and give it back to him. I'd rather see it than "the shill with a glock."
Tehshigelisok
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by Tehshigelisok »

So you stole my username just to keep me from posting here, just because you dislike my posting styles. Even though there are plenty of users who DON'T complain about me.

Wow. I agree, give me my name back.

For those wondering what Tehshigelisok means, it's a piece of gibberish I once saw in a Super Mario World rom hack. I choose it whenever TenPoundHammer is unavailable, because it's something I don't count on a lot of people using.
Really, I'm TenPoundHammer. Same as always.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

You could always Spinal Tap your name: ElevenPoundHammer
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Paucle wrote:You could always Spinal Tap your name: ElevenPoundHammer
Careful. He probably won't get the reference.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
BigDaddyJ
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by BigDaddyJ »

omgwheelhouse wrote:I agree. I think they are coming down a little hard on you, (and I do know of you from the old board even if I didn't post then.) Just start reading through archive games and taking notes on the things you don't know if you want to get better.
Where did you get the idea that he wants to get better?
Tehshigelisok wrote:So you stole my username just to keep me from posting here, just because you dislike my posting styles. Even though there are plenty of users who DON'T complain about me.
That someone hasn't complained about your posts doesn't mean they appreciate them.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

While I'm as annoyed by TPH's posts as the next person, I find cybersquatting his username to be very rude.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

BigDaddyJ wrote:
Tehshigelisok wrote:So you stole my username just to keep me from posting here, just because you dislike my posting styles. Even though there are plenty of users who DON'T complain about me.
That someone hasn't complained about your posts doesn't mean they appreciate them.
And, as far as I can see, he didn't come to that conclusion either.
Bamaman wrote:While I'm as annoyed by TPH's posts as the next person, I find cybersquatting his username to be very rude.
I agree.

Not only that, but I find his post upthread to be very mean-spirited. One can express annoyance without being mean.

Not to mention that one can simply ignore another. Unless one gets more enjoyment out of being mean.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Bamaman wrote:While I'm as annoyed by TPH's posts as the next person, I find cybersquatting his username to be very rude.
[mod hat off]I definitely agree, not only is it bad cyber-etiquette, and rude, but also, as you (note "you" in this reply is directed to whoever is cybersquatting the TPH name, not Bamaman, no offence at all meant towards him) found out, it does squat at keeping Bobby off the board - you seem to have low expectations for TPH, but surely you didn't think he wouldn't think of selecting another user name?.

(As to taking 6 months to "figure it out", it never occurred to you that it took him until we have been working on perfecting the board's ability to be found by others to find us? TPH wasn't the only regular boardie that took a while to find us, and the excellent work of alietr, bpmod, and others have helped long-lost boardies find us, including TPH (and people who have never been on the board before)).

All your stunt did for those who you were "doing a favour" for was put a different name in their ignore file. Fortunately for you, there isn't a file for users who act rude towards their fellow boardies.[/mod hat off]
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by legendneverdies »

THey also allow me, another sometimes not liked person, to post here after being banned from the Sony board for a certain unspeakable term here.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

legendneverdies wrote:THey also allow me, another sometimes not liked person, to post here after being banned from the Sony board for a certain unspeakable term here.
Yes, well, it was unspeakable there too, else you would not have been banned.

Brian