Friday, March 23, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Peter the accountant
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Friday, March 23, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Peter the accountant »

R: 36, W: 5, costing 5600
Coryat: 21,000
FJ: :(
DD: 2/3
LT: Jungle Cruise, Hyper-, GE, bellicose, pot belly, scorpion

Timings:
2:58 + 3:13 = 6:11
6:54
1:34

This was one of my best days yet for number right. But that was heavily weighted to the J! round, keeping a lid on my coryat.

After reading the comments so far, I didn't find the Disneyland category all that hard. We'll just ignore the fact that I've been a passholder for many years, get to the park a couple of times a month, and am working on starting a Disney vlog with my son. :D Those aren't important, are they?? :P Every once in a while, you hit a wheelhouse category. This was my turn. Trying to be a bit more objective, you probably have to be a Disney fan to get all of these. Knowing a bit of Disney history or pop culture gets you the first couple, but the rest are pretty Disney-specific.

I also went 5/5 in bell & book, and managed 4/5 locating events. Naturally, only 1/5 in novels, thanks to being a fan of the TV show M*A*S*H.

DJ was more my typical work: no runs, no 0-fer categories. Made a couple of expensive mistakes down low on this board.

FJ was frustrating. I knew it wasn't Peter Pan, but got stuck on that mental track. I knew I would recognize the answer when I saw it. Never read the book, but I'm at least aware of it.
--Peter
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Re: Friday, March 23, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Linear Gnome »

dhkendall wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:46 pm
Linear Gnome wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:39 am Just in case anyone is interested: this was the last game taped before Alex's surgery. This week had been taped on December 13. Next week's games were taped on January 16.
Is that why there was the pre-game spiel about being anxious to get out of there? (Maybe not for the surgery, but if that surgery hadn’t happened, I’d guess this was the last scheduled taping before the holidays anyways?)
Good question--he could have been talking about the two-day session or he could have been talking about the holiday break. I believe the College Championship was to have been taped January 9-10 and broadcast February 5-16. With that schedule, today's episode would have been broadcast April 6 so it's at least plausible that no tapings had been scheduled between December 13 and January 9.