Fun with GSN's "Winsanity"

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Fun with GSN's "Winsanity"

Post by BobF »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:54 pm From the 5/11 episode:
Spoiler
Spoiler
The original mix
What the contestant had for the first attempt:
Spoiler
One correct
What the contestant had after the second attempt:
Spoiler
None right
The correct line up:
Spoiler
How I played it:
Spoiler
I knew the popes were low as I had looked it up recently.  Somewhere previously I had come across the high number for the NYT.  For the price point of the book I liked it ending in -00 for a guess.  Calories I figured at four figures leaving the weight (what I knew the least about) at 885 for the home win in one try.
I got it as well using similar logic. The one I "knew" with no doubt was the popes. I mean really 700 popes in 2000 years? No way.
Spoiler
Then I had the other four paired off into top two and bottom two with reasonable assuredness. I figured the same thing on the price of the book 700 sounded good which put the bench press up to 885 (I knew the 700 mark was eclipsed and didn't think anybody did 1000 yet). I thought no butter leaded the popcorn to the 2nd highest total so the Times went number 1.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

From the 5/19 episode:
Spoiler
Spoiler
The first look
Next:
Spoiler
What the contestant locked in with 19 seconds remaining of 45 seconds.
Next:
Spoiler
$10,000 on the first try. Well done by the contestant as she took her time to work it out.
Next:
Spoiler
How I played it:
Survivor was a gimme and I had no doubt about the war.  I've been to a hockey game (The Tank) and comfortable in short sleeves with no coat on, so I was not falling for the 44 trap to leave 65 as no doubt.  I knew there was no way the ingredients were 140 no matter what's in that thing, so 44 it is leaving those $@$%& Pep Boys (big sheep in latest TD game) as the top.
xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

The Pep Boys are taunting you...
Spoiler
Pretty sure there haven't even been 44 seasons of Survivor, total, let alone 44 women winners, knew the Hundred (and sixteen years) War cold, and MSG not as cold. 44 ingredients in the McRib is slightly disturbing.

The contestant took 26 seconds to reason it out rather than blindly guess? Good job.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Spoiler
Interesting that two of them were right to begin with.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Spoiler
How are there 44 ingredients in a McRib? Are they counting all the ingredients in the sauce separately? Individual sesame seeds. There's obviously no way the preppers are putting together 44 different things (or even 13) when you order a McRib.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

This is an ingredient list for the McRib I found after a Google search:
Spoiler

MCRIB PORK PATTY

Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Dextrose, Preservatives (BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid).

MCRIB BUN

Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Contains 2% Or Less: Salt, Corn Meal, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oils, Dextrose, Sugar, Malted Barley Flour, Cultured Wheat Flour, Calcium Sulfate, Ammonium Sulfate, Soy Flour, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono- and Diglycerides, Ethoxylated Mono- and Diglycerides, Monocalcium Phosphate, Enzymes, Guar Gum, Calcium Peroxide), Calcium Propionate (Preservative), Soy Lecithin.

MCRIB SAUCE
Ingredients: Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Natural Smoke Flavor (Plant Source), Modified Food Starch, Salt, Sugar, Spices, Soybean Oil, Xanthan Gum, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili Pepper, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Caramel Color, Beet Powder.

PICKLE SLICES
Ingredients: Cucumbers, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Alum, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Natural Flavors (Plant Source), Polysorbate 80, Extractives of Turmeric (Color).
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:41 am This is an ingredient list for the McRib I found after a Google search:
Spoiler

MCRIB PORK PATTY

Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Dextrose, Preservatives (BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid).

MCRIB BUN

Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Contains 2% Or Less: Salt, Corn Meal, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oils, Dextrose, Sugar, Malted Barley Flour, Cultured Wheat Flour, Calcium Sulfate, Ammonium Sulfate, Soy Flour, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono- and Diglycerides, Ethoxylated Mono- and Diglycerides, Monocalcium Phosphate, Enzymes, Guar Gum, Calcium Peroxide), Calcium Propionate (Preservative), Soy Lecithin.

MCRIB SAUCE
Ingredients: Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Natural Smoke Flavor (Plant Source), Modified Food Starch, Salt, Sugar, Spices, Soybean Oil, Xanthan Gum, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili Pepper, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Caramel Color, Beet Powder.

PICKLE SLICES
Ingredients: Cucumbers, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Alum, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Natural Flavors (Plant Source), Polysorbate 80, Extractives of Turmeric (Color).
Ooh, cultured wheat flour.

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:41 am This is an ingredient list for the McRib I found after a Google search:
Spoiler

MCRIB PORK PATTY

MCRIB BUN

MCRIB SAUCE

PICKLE SLICES
Better Living.jpg
Better Living.jpg (16.67 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

alietr wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:11 pm
Spoiler

MCRIB PORK PATTY

MCRIB BUN

MCRIB SAUCE

PICKLE SLICES
Better Living.jpg
It's all relative
https://jameskennedymonash.wordpress.co ... al-banana/
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Spoiler

MCRIB PORK PATTY

MCRIB BUN

MCRIB SAUCE

PICKLE SLICES
https://goo.gl/images/d16fSt