TD 376 - CLASSIC AREA CODES 6xx (FINAL RESULTS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ouachiouat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: TD 376 - CLASSIC AREA CODES 6xx (FINAL RESULTS)

Post by ouachiouat »

Holy mess, my first ever win in a TD, and I've been playing these for 3 or 4 years now!

....and I'm still in 24th overall, despite maybe 1 (or maybe 0) wrong answer(s) this whole ring. I'm closer to last place than 6th place. Wow.

Oh well, you guys can have your fight for the prize. I'll bask in my glory (until the next one, when I'm sure I'll be put back in my rightful place....)

Thanks for running these, floridagator. They've been fun!
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Wow, I'm taking home quite a few sheep on this one. Oh, well--"great minds" and all that! :lol:
Thanks for hosting, floridagator!
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

These suckers wind up pretty close. I had to sheep the audio clue because I don't have speakers at work but still wound up just ten points off the podium after negging for omitting the letter on the cactus clue.
Harvard and Djibouti were helpful; I only knew two MA schools for sure and my daughter's favorite African country was Djibouti because the Capital has the same name - and it sounds funny! It helped that I finally made it through a game without a wrong answer (or two).

Thanks, FloridaGator. You've made a tough act to follow except with your remaining games.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
BobF

Post by BobF »

twelvefootboy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:18 pm These suckers wind up pretty close. I had to sheep the audio clue because I don't have speakers at work but still wound up just ten points off the podium after negging for omitting the letter on the cactus clue.
Harvard and Djibouti were helpful; I only knew two MA schools for sure and my daughter's favorite African country was Djibouti because the Capital has the same name - and it sounds funny! It helped that I finally made it through a game without a wrong answer (or two).

Thanks, FloridaGator. You've made a tough act to follow except with your remaining games.
I always wished Djibouti was led by a Sheikh. So some guy could go around saying he was the Sheikh of Djibouti.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
floridagator

Post by floridagator »

Personally I think Territory of the Afars and Issas was an even funnier name.
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.