Thursday, April 19, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Thursday, April 19, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by davey »

dhkendall wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:01 pm I'm surprised that no one commented on the alliteration clues "whistle while you work" and "gift of the gab" (or "the gift of gab" as presented). Doesn't alliteration mean that all words have to start with the same letter/sound? I *may* be willing to forgive the prepositions "of" and "the", but "you"? That's a pronoun, a pretty important part of speech, why should that be ignored for the alliteration?
the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.
In whistle while you work, the w's all come on the stresses.
Peter the accountant
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Thursday, April 19, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Peter the accountant »

R: 22, W: 0
Coryat: 19,800
FJ: :mrgreen:
DD: 1/3
LT: lean

Same number right as yesterday, but a much higher score because my hard round was J! this time. Stumped with the young'uns music and plays. Managed one in the fictional students thanks to the Star Trek reference. I'll join the NHO crowd in most of that category. Ran science, which helped my score immensely.

I managed the right educated guess in FJ. Folded flag and sacred place led me to a military cemetery, and for me that means Arlington. The one at Gettysburg never crossed my mind, but probably should have. I've never visited either, although I have been in DC once as a kid and I'm sure it was pointed out to me as we drove past.
--Peter