Monday, May 7, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

merica
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Monday, May 7, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by merica »

Ironhorse wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:14 pm I couldn't get going on FJ. I ended up saying Pullman just on the off chance there was a movie about Pullman, WA I'd never heard of.
Same here. I'm certainly not a movie buff.

Fargo, though, what an interesting movie :)
Fleeboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Fleeboy »

Stagecoach won two Oscars, and is the name of a town in Texas (population 538, per the 2010 Census). Now, if the stagecoach had been invented in the 19th century by a guy named Joe Stagecoach ...

Other films that have won exactly two Oscars and are the names of actual cities, towns, or villages in the U.S. include Lincoln, Philadelphia, Aladdin (Wyo.), Arthur (N.D. and Iowa), Boys Town, and Rebecca (Ga.)
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Fleeboy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:16 pm Other films that have won exactly two Oscars and are the names of actual cities, towns, or villages in the U.S. include Lincoln...
Oh, that guy! Didn't he invent the Town Car or something?
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

As far as I'm concerned, that FJ can go straight into the wood chipper.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

AFRET CMS wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:33 pm On the western edge of Fort Collins is a street named "Overland Trail." Yep, the pavement runs along the route the stagecoach took to Laramie, merging with US 287 on the north side of town for the trip to the Wyoming border. There's even a historic site at an old stagecoach rest stop called Virginia Dale, the last surviving stage station according to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Dale,_Colorado).

We often stop there for a leg stretch and to view the stagecoach ruts still visible not too far off the highway. I should have gotten it faster.
I was on 287 this evening just south of FoCo. I wish I had known about this earlier. I did manage to check out the Guernsey Ruts from the Oregon Trail on my way back to Boulder from Casper.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

alietr wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:07 am
AFRET CMS wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:33 pm On the western edge of Fort Collins is a street named "Overland Trail." Yep, the pavement runs along the route the stagecoach took to Laramie, merging with US 287 on the north side of town for the trip to the Wyoming border. There's even a historic site at an old stagecoach rest stop called Virginia Dale, the last surviving stage station according to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Dale,_Colorado).

We often stop there for a leg stretch and to view the stagecoach ruts still visible not too far off the highway. I should have gotten it faster.
I was on 287 this evening just south of FoCo. I wish I had known about this earlier. I did manage to check out the Guernsey Ruts from the Oregon Trail on my way back to Boulder from Casper.
If you were south of FtC, it probably would have been a bit out of your way; Virginia Dale is only a few miles from the Wyoming border. But next time you're transiting between Boulder and Casper, especially if you find yourself near Laramie, 287 can be an interesting trip. Very pretty country between FtC and the Wyo border, and 287 between Laramie and FtC is a few miles shorter than Laramie-Cheyenne-FtC on I-80 and I25. Can be a nice way to relax a bit on a pretty day if you want to bypass the interstate for an hour.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
LoudmouthLee
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Hey, everyone. Middle Podium here (sorry to drag up an old thread) - Completely forgot about JBoard and a friend pointed me here. Read through the posts and wanted to answer a few questions.

1) The amount of shit you forget when you're up there is a large amount. I play a ton of live trivia. Big time pub trivia tournaments. None of that is replicated until you're on the stage and being asked questions. Hai? Of course. I've known that my entire life. I've watch enough Iron Chef and Ninja Warrior to have heard the word more than a thousand times. Lights on... mind blank. Let alone having been IN Rogers before, if you looked at my pained expression, that's the reason why.

2) Fargo played hard for the other 12 contestants as well. We had, in total, a 1/15 within 30 seconds. None of the other contestants saw our game live, so we gave them our final over lunch.

3) Both Claire and Larry were excellent players. I tried as hard as I could to get in the DJ round. I had many of the answers, but as you can tell, I went 33 consecutive clues without ringing in first. I was trying... hard. Just didn't happen.

4) When I was picked up by my family after taping, they asked me for my nearest landmark. I looked across the street and told my brother I was standing outside... A Wells Fargo.
"You can tell me all your thoughts about the stars that fill polluted skies... and show me where you run to when no one's left to take your side." - Thriving Ivory (Angels on the Moon)
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

LoudmouthLee wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 am 4) When I was picked up by my family after taping, they asked me for my nearest landmark. I looked across the street and told my brother I was standing outside... A Wells Fargo.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhh!!!!

Thanks for checking in and giving us some insider perspective.

Your FJ polled at 25% among boardies which is pretty darn low for us. I'd say that's barely above the line where a clue crosses from "tough but still fair" to "a clue they should have either reworded or scrapped entirely."

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4676