This just in! New season of Millionaire (2018) seeks contestants

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Re: This just in! New season of Millionaire (2018) seeks contestants

Post by ElendilPickle » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Ironhorse wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 pm
alietr wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:22 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:53 pm
Ironhorse wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:09 am
I made it through both Skype interviews but looks like I didn't get the call this time. Oh well :)
There’s still time! I auditioned this weekend at TCONA and the casting person told me, “We’re going to try and get you on this season so keep your schedule clear”, then they had me fill out all the paperwork. I bet she says that to all the boys...
He's right. There's still time. Not much, but they are still calling people.
It may be just as well anyway since I'm in the jury duty pool for September.
Taping stops around the end of August.

Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 pm

econgator wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 pm
Ironhorse wrote:

You're in a jury pool for an entire month?
Our jury duty terms are for four months. I was summoned for the first time for May 1-August 31. My experience so far is that they give you a reporting date a week or two in the future and there's usually a plea bargain or settlement the day before, at which point they move back your reporting date. I haven't actually had to report yet, though I think my group reported on a day I had been excused for a prior commitment.

morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by morbeedo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Auditioned at TCONA 8. Filled out all the legal papers on the spot. Got an email today asking me to write the personal bio / fun facts application. I can’t imagine they still don’t have all their contestants nailed down for the final 2 taping weeks, but we’ll see what happens!
coming at you like an ex-president

boson
Trivial

Post by boson » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:22 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 pm
Auditioned at TCONA 8. Filled out all the legal papers on the spot. Got an email today asking me to write the personal bio / fun facts application. I can’t imagine they still don’t have all their contestants nailed down for the final 2 taping weeks, but we’ll see what happens!
Best of luck! It seems clear they are looking for trivia skill - which is refreshing for tv shows (j excepted). Skillful players make for good tv, and they'll make room if they like you.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Linear Gnome wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 pm
econgator wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 pm
Ironhorse wrote:

You're in a jury pool for an entire month?
Our jury duty terms are for four months. I was summoned for the first time for May 1-August 31. My experience so far is that they give you a reporting date a week or two in the future and there's usually a plea bargain or settlement the day before, at which point they move back your reporting date. I haven't actually had to report yet, though I think my group reported on a day I had been excused for a prior commitment.
Ours are for one day (unless you're selected for a trial, then maybe 2). I like that better.

morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by morbeedo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Well, I got an email at 5:30 PM today asking me to tape Millionaire at 8:30 AM THIS THURSDAY!?!

They said they've been trying to call me since last week, but of course they got my number wrong and didn't think to try my work number or email. AND they gave me zero flexibility on the tape date. UGH

Obviously I'm excited and not entirely surprised (at TCONA they told me "clear your schedule"), but I'm finding it extremely difficult to line up a plus one. Anyone interested and available?

Sadly, this closes the door on Jeopardy! for awhile, but after 13 months I'm ready to get out of the damn pool!
coming at you like an ex-president

boson
Trivial

Post by boson » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:38 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 pm
Well, I got an email at 5:30 PM today asking me to tape Millionaire at 8:30 AM THIS THURSDAY!?!

They said they've been trying to call me since last week, but of course they got my number wrong and didn't think to try my work number or email. AND they gave me zero flexibility on the tape date. UGH

Obviously I'm excited and not entirely surprised (at TCONA they told me "clear your schedule"), but I'm finding it extremely difficult to line up a plus one. Anyone interested and available?

Sadly, this closes the door on Jeopardy! for awhile, but after 13 months I'm ready to get out of the damn pool!
Congrats! Best of luck. Sorry, I can't help out on the adding.

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:54 pm

I can now say that I taped on Friday. The whole thing was great fun. I'll be announcing my airdate when they tell me what it is (10 days in advance).

teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by teapot37 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Good luck, both retro-active and pro-, to once and future contestants!
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.

ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:59 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 pm

That's tempting, but I can't afford another trip to Vegas right now. Major congratulations and go win it all!