This just in! New season of Millionaire (2018) seeks contestants

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Vintsanity
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: This just in! New season of Millionaire (2018) seeks contestants

Post by Vintsanity »

So potentially this means a few people who were there today won't be able to make it back next week, and they'll have an opening and will call someone who auditioned but has heretofore been passed over? Someone like me?

twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

I just caught up 3 pages of this thread.
Congrats and luck/retroluck to all the boardies. I hope your broadcast schedule is publicized in our game threads or we get a regular thread to follow. This process seems way more impulsive and chaotic than the byzantine Jeopardy ordeal. What a roller coaster!
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

morbeedo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:48 pm So here’s how my Millionaire taping went today. Showed up at 8:30 AM for the contestant briefings, rehearsal, etc. At 3PM they bumped my entire group - plus one other holdover from yesterday (!!!) - to next week. Upside: I slept horribly last night and I was fading fast, and now I know how everything’s gonna go down when I come back
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. That does seem to be one aspect that totally aren't good at handling. Sorry you're going through that.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

alietr wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:30 am
morbeedo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:48 pm So here’s how my Millionaire taping went today. Showed up at 8:30 AM for the contestant briefings, rehearsal, etc. At 3PM they bumped my entire group - plus one other holdover from yesterday (!!!) - to next week. Upside: I slept horribly last night and I was fading fast, and now I know how everything’s gonna go down when I come back
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. That does seem to be one aspect that totally aren't good at handling. Sorry you're going through that.
Thanks for the moral support! It’s not all bad news. I’ve got flexibility at work and a ton of United miles I need to use. And I’ll be so much fresher and looser next week- let’s hope!

Update: Just got summoned back to Vegas for Monday taping. Would’ve been great to know that yesterday :/
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

Anyone in the know as to when new episodes start airing?
Sounds like there will be lots of familiar faces to root for this season! 8-)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Carpe Diem wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:56 pm Anyone in the know as to when new episodes start airing?
Sounds like there will be lots of familiar faces to root for this season! 8-)
September 10 is my expectation and if the pattern holds it's new episodes for three weeks in the double run markets to make 30 episodes aired over 15 weekdays. Last season as well had many contestants with prior J! experience.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

They are taping a 2nd chance week on 8/21...but didn't ask me :(
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Golf

Post by Golf »

triviawayne wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:30 am They are taping a 2nd chance week on 8/21...but didn't ask me :(
That's definitely a sore spot for me. After the first season of prime time shows they held a ToC, immediately after my second season appearance was told by the producer I would be called for the 2nd season ToC. To my knowledge they never held another ToC after the first season. But yet they continually have second chance shows mostly for those who can't answer the first five questions.

Everybody seems to love the Jeopardy ToC's, I wouldn't think loyal viewers would enjoy a tournament where all contestants never saw FJ.

Rant over.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Golf wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 am
triviawayne wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:30 am They are taping a 2nd chance week on 8/21...but didn't ask me :(
That's definitely a sore spot for me. After the first season of prime time shows they held a ToC, immediately after my second season appearance was told by the producer I would be called for the 2nd season ToC. To my knowledge they never held another ToC after the first season. But yet they continually have second chance shows mostly for those who can't answer the first five questions.

Everybody seems to love the Jeopardy ToC's, I wouldn't think loyal viewers would enjoy a tournament where all contestants never saw FJ.

Rant over.
What would a Milionaire TOC even look like? You only have one contestant one at a time.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

alietr wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:26 am

Rant over.
What would a Milionaire TOC even look like? You only have one contestant one at a time.
Yeah, is was basically the same as the second change tourneys, except instead of people who missed questions in the middle range, it was players who hit 6 figures or more.
Golf

Post by Golf »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:30 am
alietr wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:26 am

Rant over.
Yeah, is was basically the same as the second change tourneys, except instead of people who missed questions in the middle range, it was players who hit 6 figures or more.
You had to compete in the fastest fingers against players who had all won that particular discipline.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Rant over.
Actually, this is only the show's third Second Chance Week. Everyone who participated in the first one answered all or almost all the questions in the first round.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Got bumped last Thursday, then waited all day today to tape because the 2 celebrity contestants wasted sooooo much time. There was even a chance I might get bumped to tomorrow, but they fit me in - thank god! My work here is done. Viva Las Vegas!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:07 am Got bumped last Thursday, then waited all day today to tape because the 2 celebrity contestants wasted sooooo much time. There was even a chance I might get bumped to tomorrow, but they fit me in - thank god! My work here is done. Viva Las Vegas!
wishing you great retro-luck!
Total game show career losings = $171,522
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:07 am Got bumped last Thursday, then waited all day today to tape because the 2 celebrity contestants wasted sooooo much time. There was even a chance I might get bumped to tomorrow, but they fit me in - thank god! My work here is done. Viva Las Vegas!
Woo hoo and about time! I hope you were quite happy walking off the set!
kerryoakie
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kerryoakie »

Congrats! I was bumped twice as well; once for a leak in the control room (Saturday) and another time due to a Chris needing to catch an evening flight to LA (Sunday). A contestant who had previously taped an entire day surprisingly showed up Sunday morning to complete his show because he was on a roll and wasn't able to come in the next day to finish taping. He ended up winning $250k, so that took a long time. I was already mic'd up in the holding room after hair and makeup when they told me they needed to bump me to the next weekend. Did they comp your flight and hotel room on your second trip?
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

kerryoakie wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:08 am
Congrats! I was bumped twice as well; once for a leak in the control room (Saturday) and another time due to a Chris needing to catch an evening flight to LA (Sunday). A contestant who had previously taped an entire day surprisingly showed up Sunday morning to complete his show because he was on a roll and wasn't able to come in the next day to finish taping. He ended up winning $250k, so that took a long time. I was already mic'd up in the holding room after hair and makeup when they told me they needed to bump me to the next weekend. Did they comp your flight and hotel room on your second trip?
No comp because the original invite said I had to be available both Thurs and Mon. But as the day was getting long, they said if we don’t get to you tonight, we’ll pay your hotel and ticket change fees. They also said, once they start taping my segment, they have to finish that day, no matter how long it takes. At 530PM, I told my Plus One they should just let us go home and sleep, but then the woman before me finished and they rushed me to set. Felt bad for my sister who watched 6 games and didn’t even know if she’d get to see me. Also feel bad for the four new contestants who waited all day and got bumped to Tuesday. But hey, I got to play WWTBAM!
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

This looks very interesting. :shock:

Douglas Squasoni