This just in! New season of Millionaire (2018) seeks contestants

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

This just in! New season of Millionaire (2018) seeks contestants

Post by RandyG »

Millionaire casting producer Kristin Dailey asked me to spread the word that audition season is underway. Skype interviews are being given now; in-person locations and dates to be announced. https://millionairetv.dadt.com/

Get Skype: https://www.skype.com/en/
acthomas
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: This just in! New season of Millionaire (2018) seeks contestants

Post by acthomas »

For those of you in the know: if we auditioned last summer for episodes filmed in 2017 and 2018 (at TCONA, for me), and they say you're in the pool, should we just sit tight, wait for summer to come and hope for the call?
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

acthomas wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:40 pm For those of you in the know: if we auditioned last summer for episodes filmed in 2017 and 2018 (at TCONA, for me), and they say you're in the pool, should we just sit tight, wait for summer to come and hope for the call?
From the casting producer:

We have been getting this question a lot. They will need to fill out a new application and test again. We have updated the casting application quite a bit and will need them to fill out the new one to be eligible for this season
9021amyers

Post by 9021amyers »

I don’t watch the syndicated WWTBAM, and I’ve lost track of who the host is, but he must be better than Clarkson...right?

threearruda

Post by threearruda »

Sent in an application as soon as I saw the notice up on Friday, fingers crossed! Figured I can't be much worse than what I've seen over the last two weeks or so.
9021amyers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:31 pm I don’t watch the syndicated WWTBAM, and I’ve lost track of who the host is, but he must be better than Clarkson...right?
Bachelor host Chris Harrison is finishing up his third season as host, and does a great job in my opinion. Not sure how he'd handle an Ask the Host, but hopefully the U.S. producers don't get any ideas.
J! S39 - 1/27-2/1. '24 ToC ???

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

9021amyers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:31 pm I don’t watch the syndicated WWTBAM, and I’ve lost track of who the host is, but he must be better than Clarkson...right?
Spoiler
Well of course Clarkson can't let on he knows what a stop sign looks like! Geeze...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
acthomas

Post by acthomas »

RandyG wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 pm
acthomas wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:40 pm For those of you in the know: if we auditioned last summer for episodes filmed in 2017 and 2018 (at TCONA, for me), and they say you're in the pool, should we just sit tight, wait for summer to come and hope for the call?
From the casting producer:

We have been getting this question a lot. They will need to fill out a new application and test again. We have updated the casting application quite a bit and will need them to fill out the new one to be eligible for this season
Well, bummer.

Thanks for asking.
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Lol, im not falling for this again.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

Fingers crossed.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

I know this has been answered with a yes, you NEED to, but just for a fun story...

I got in the pool in about may of 2015, which put me in the pool for 2015 & 2016

In May of 2016, they were in my area, and since I knew 2nd year pool swimmers were rarely called, I went to audition again anyway. I figured if they knew I was in the pool, I would just say, oops, my mistake; and if not, I might get in twice.

Yeah, I was in the pool with two entries! They never realized it and I got the call based on my 2016 audition, and three days before my tape date, they called me based on my 2015 audition. They were obviously confused, but still didn't figure out what I did.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
acthomas

Post by acthomas »

So I sent in a new audition remotely. Crickets. I am super tempted to fly down next week for the beginning of taping and try out again (then if necessary try out again at TCONA).

One site says taping begins Tuesday July 10: https://millionairetv.dadt.com/tickets/

Their ticketing says July 9: http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Wh ... illionaire

Should I trust the ticketing site to be correct before I book an airline ticket? There's little chance I could do the Tuesday taping, only the Monday.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Someone said she got The Call for July 9th.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

acthomas wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:59 pm So I sent in a new audition remotely. Crickets. I am super tempted to fly down next week for the beginning of taping and try out again (then if necessary try out again at TCONA).

One site says taping begins Tuesday July 10: https://millionairetv.dadt.com/tickets/

Their ticketing says July 9: http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Wh ... illionaire

Should I trust the ticketing site to be correct before I book an airline ticket? There's little chance I could do the Tuesday taping, only the Monday.
I would sooner trust Millionaire’s own site. Possibly the taping schedule changed after the show gave the ticketing site that information.

i would just go to TCONA and audition there because you’re more likely to be noticed.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
tiwonge
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by tiwonge »

alietr wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:39 pm Someone said she got The Call for July 9th.
Another somebody (a former Jeopardy! champion) got the call to tape on 7/19.
1stlvlthinker

Post by 1stlvlthinker »

I just taped on the 17th. Fun stuff. Will let you know when it airs.
Now swimming in the J! pool.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

1stlvlthinker wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:52 pm I just taped on the 17th. Fun stuff. Will let you know when it airs.
Awesome - best of retroactive luck! Hope you won all the money.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

1stlvlthinker wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:52 pm I just taped on the 17th. Fun stuff. Will let you know when it airs.
Cool! We'll be sure to tune in!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

I just taped (as a Plus 1) and they said that they’ll be taping throughAug 23 FWIW.
oduguy22
Swimming with the Jeopardy! Fishes

Post by oduguy22 »

Woof wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:53 am I just taped (as a Plus 1) and they said that they’ll be taping throughAug 23 FWIW.
Thats good to know, still waiting and hoping to get a call to be on this season myself!

Also, retroactive good luck and looking forward to watching your episode 1stlvlthinker!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

One thing I’ll add for those considering WWTBAM: my friend the contestant has been on both J! and now Millionaire. He commented that the Green Roon experience at Millionaire, though interminable, was more pleasant than the one at J! We both attributed this to the lack of competition between contestants in Millionaire.