You guys are obsessed over wagering way too much.

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

PanthersFan1
Contributor

You guys are obsessed over wagering way too much.

Post by PanthersFan1 »

some of you go overboard with it and thats the reason this board can't get many contestants to come here anymore and share their Jeopardy experience with you all cause you are too negative about wagering and the contestants don't want to hear that crap so they don't bother to come here and go elsewhere like reddit which most future contestants go these days so you guys really need to clean up your act if you want contestants to start coming back here.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: You guys are obsessed over wagering way too much.

Post by AFRET CMS »

PanthersFan1 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:31 pm some of you go overboard with it and thats the reason this board can't get many contestants to come here anymore and share their Jeopardy experience with you all cause you are too negative about wagering and the contestants don't want to hear that crap so they don't bother to come here and go elsewhere like reddit which most future contestants go these days so you guys really need to clean up your act if you want contestants to start coming back here.
Wow, even though I'm not particularly obsessed with wagering, I do like punctuation, especially that which divides paragraphs into sentences, although, like you, I do occasionally run out of periods, and have to use commas while the periods are on backorder and I'm awaiting delivery, and sometimes that makes for awkward phrasing and grammar, but I've tried to learn to live with it,
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
PanthersFan1
Contributor

Post by PanthersFan1 »

AFRET CMS wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:37 pm
PanthersFan1 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:31 pm some of you go overboard with it and thats the reason this board can't get many contestants to come here anymore and share their Jeopardy experience with you all cause you are too negative about wagering and the contestants don't want to hear that crap so they don't bother to come here and go elsewhere like reddit which most future contestants go these days so you guys really need to clean up your act if you want contestants to start coming back here.
Wow, even though I'm not particularly obsessed with wagering, I do like punctuation, especially that which divides paragraphs into sentences, although, like you, I do occasionally run out of periods, and have to use commas while the periods are on backorder and I'm awaiting delivery, and sometimes that makes for awkward phrasing and grammar, but I've tried to learn to live with it,
cry me a river about my grammer I still told the truth and its the reason this board has lost most of the future contestants to reddit cause most here are people who obsessed over wagering
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

Given that a portion of the show and strategy is based on wagering (there's also a website for it: http://thefinalwager.com), it makes sense to discuss it to some degree. Are you more concerned about the method of discussing the wagering, or just the sheer volume of discussion on wagering? I venture to think it's the former.
Golf
Wet Paper Bag Charmer

Post by Golf »

PanthersFan1 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:03 pm Eric's wager was not that much better cause he let 3rd back in the game when he had him locked out
PanthersFan1 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:17 pm Eric once again wins with a bad final jeopardy bet that would have cost him the win on a TS.

He should have bet 2601.
PanthersFan1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 pm Bad Wager Alert!!
PanthersFan1 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:44 pm heartbreaking loss for Erica if only she had wagered more on her daily doubles.
PanthersFan1 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:04 pm not that it mattered since she got it wrong but Morgan should have went all on her dd and that was her chance to make it a game and maybe steal a win.
PanthersFan1 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:52 pm Jenny cost herself the game with bad DD Betting.
PanthersFan1 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:24 pm I like Rachel but she better clean up her fj wagering if she wants to hang around for awhile.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

I don't know that it's an obsession. And it's not just over wagering way too much. We also fret when contestants wager way too little.
Elijah Baley
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Elijah Baley »

Golf wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:04 pm
PanthersFan1 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:03 pm Eric's wager was not that much better cause he let 3rd back in the game when he had him locked out
PanthersFan1 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:17 pm Eric once again wins with a bad final jeopardy bet that would have cost him the win on a TS.

He should have bet 2601.
PanthersFan1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 pm Bad Wager Alert!!
PanthersFan1 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:44 pm heartbreaking loss for Erica if only she had wagered more on her daily doubles.
PanthersFan1 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:04 pm not that it mattered since she got it wrong but Morgan should have went all on her dd and that was her chance to make it a game and maybe steal a win.
PanthersFan1 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:52 pm Jenny cost herself the game with bad DD Betting.
PanthersFan1 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:24 pm I like Rachel but she better clean up her fj wagering if she wants to hang around for awhile.
Hole in one. :D
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

To be fair, those represent only 17% of his total postings hitherto.
I'm smart and I want respect.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Bad Thread Alert!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Lefty wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:28 pm To be fair, those represent only 17% of his total postings hitherto.
Even lower if you count the posts that were deleted.
IronNeck

Post by IronNeck »

Damn, wish I had read this topic before replying to the OP quoting my post in another thread. Would have known it was a hypocritical, rude troll instead of someone to respond to seriously.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

So glad you figured out for us THAT is the reason, you really should've posted this in either the "Hey, where'd all the players go" or the "what does reddit have that we don't, making all the players go there instead of here" threads. If you think people around here are too obsessed with wagering, you should see how obsessed we are about players on the show not coming here. Especially the sidebar conversation about when someone signs up for the board they don't necessarily use their real name or show a picture of themselves with Alex, or ever give any indication they were on the show.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Yeah, I think anyone following these threads and posting anything on this board is obsessed way too much. I mean, I grabbed my phone to look at recipes for potato salad, and I ended up here.
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

I'm personally not very interested in wagering but it's a major part of the game so should be fair game for discussion.
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

squarekara wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm Yeah, I think anyone following these threads and posting anything on this board is obsessed way too much. I mean, I grabbed my phone to look at recipes for potato salad, and I ended up here.
Why is that? Reddit potato salad is far superior in every conceivable manner.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Anachronism wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:02 am
squarekara wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm Yeah, I think anyone following these threads and posting anything on this board is obsessed way too much. I mean, I grabbed my phone to look at recipes for potato salad, and I ended up here.
And the people there don’t mind if you’re not using Idaho potatoes
Total game show career losings = $171,522
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

triviawayne wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:26 am
Anachronism wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:02 am
And the people there don’t mind if you’re not using Idaho potatoes
My objective was to use up a quantity of leftover ranch dressing. I mixed in about 5 ribs' worth of chopped celery, half a sweet onion, 4 hard-boiled eggs and added maybe half a cup of pickle relish. With six pounds of Yukon Gold on hand, I wimped out and only boiled about half of them. As a result, the far-from-optimal end product was oversauced. I shoulda gone all in.
billiej

Post by billiej »

If it weren't for obsessions this board wouldn't exist. :lol:
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

billiej wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:30 am If it weren't for obsessions this board wouldn't exist. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIs5StN8J-0
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

squarekara wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:37 am With six pounds of Yukon Gold on hand, I wimped out and only boiled about half of them. ... I shoulda gone all in.
Sounds like a regretful Daily Double. Yep, over-obsessed with wagering.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.