Technical Difficulties on Jeopardy! site

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Technical Difficulties on Jeopardy! site

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

For some reason, the Jeopardy! site says that they have encountered a problem. They aren't showing this week's contestants nor the Final Jeopardy! clue. I also got logged out of my profile and I can't do J!6 or anything. I then went on a different computer and the same thing happened. It has been like this all day.
Douglas Squasoni
xxaaaxx
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Technical Difficulties on Jeopardy! site

Post by xxaaaxx »

Same here. Deleting my cookies for the site worked to let me play J!6, but any attempt to log in fails (and the recovery options tell me that I don't exist). Clue of the Day isn't there, and the Howdies are from last week.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I call it holiday weekend syndrome. Tomorrow I expect the site to have the howdies, clue of the day, rogue's gallery, and J!6 playable while signed in. And the three days of peace of no telemarketing calls to be over.
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

I had to start white-listing instead of accepting phone calls the "old-fashioned" way of using my answering machine to monitor calls.

Seems that at least once a day the good people of Microsoft's south Asian division want to help me repair a serious security flaw in my operating system. Then someone in my extremely careless extended family gets arrested and requires that I send Target gift card codes to the police department to avoid prosecution. Then, finally, just when I think it's safe, a "courtesy call" from the friendly bastards at Keller Williams, wondering when I'll decide to sell my home through their boiler room about a ten-hour drive from here (hint: when I do, you'll be the last to know).

Then midnight Pacific time comes around, long after the phone is silent, and I try my hand at J!6, hoping that the two million and change points I've accumulated will soon be redeemable for travel miles or something... and it hasn't been working this week. Good to know I'm not the only one.
IronNeck

Post by IronNeck »

Heh, was about to start a topic mentioning this very thing. Appears to be a problem with the site's API; even requesting a new password doesn't work.

Unfortunately, my habit of logging in at 11:50 pm every day to play J6 meant no quiz for me on Monday!
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

It's probably just the North Koreans again.
Elijah Baley

Post by Elijah Baley »

Things must be difficult financially - that they don't have the resources to set the site to start up again after a holiday weekend. Either that, or someone is literally asleep at the switch.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

The three-day weekend is over and the J! site now has the expected weekly/daily updates as well as functioning J!6. No telemarketing call yet today. ;)