Your guess for Thursday's FJ [SPOILER]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

My guess was for Thursday's FJ was:

Aquarius
2%
Aries
1%
Cancer
No votes
Capricorn
No votes
Gemini
30%
Leo
No votes
Libra
28%
Pisces
10%
Sagittarius
24%
Scorpio
No votes
Taurus
No votes
Virgo
No votes
Orion
2%
Some other Non-Zodiac response
2%
No response
No votes

Total votes: 87

Lefty
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Your guess for Thursday's FJ [SPOILER]

Post by Lefty »

Libra was my first instinct; at least, my immediate gut reaction upon laboriously recalling the twelve signs. Then though, perhaps in reaction to an oversophisticated miss in LL earlier, I decided to go with the simpler-seeming Gemini; maybe the knot was the umbilical cord. I don't know about confidence, but not too much with either.
I'm smart and I want respect.
Vowela

Post by Vowela »

Sagittarius, with about 35% confidence. I was probably 95% confident that it was either that, Libra, or Gemini. That other 5% can get you sometimes, though.
plasticene

Post by plasticene »

I thought of pisces early because I knew there were two fish and thought it was conceivable they could each have a string coming from their mouths. Scanning through the rest as best I could, only sagittarius gave me pause, but I couldn't think of a reason for two strings. I think I briefly considered libra, but again what would the two strings be?

I felt maybe 70% confident. I liked pisces best among the choices I'd considered, but there were a few signs that hadn't come to mind yet.
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:36 pm Knots imply twosome. Gemini was too obvious so I went with the other twosome on the Zodiac, Pisces, represented by two fish.
Two strings meeting in a knot? I thought of the two sides of the scale meeting at a point at the top. Second guess was Sagittarius. I don't think I was aware that Pisces was depicted by TWO fish. and never would have gotten that one if they gave me thirteen guesses.

BTW...horrible, horrible, ungettable clue except for a few serious devotees of zodiac stuff.
Wheatley

Post by Wheatley »

Sagittarius, thinking that the "Knot" referred to a bowstring.
Coryats calculator, share and enjoy. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
davey

Post by davey »

Libra, but I kept thinking I must be forgetting which zodiac sign held a lyre... :roll: