FJs for the 6/11/18 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 6/11/18 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:48 pm

In playing this instrument whose early version was called a sackbut, it's about 6" from A to B, about 7" from C to D
75%
In 2017 the Maine farm & barn that inspired this classic 1952 novel were put up for sale
83%
Though it draws elements from “Hamlet”, Disney says this was their first all-animated feature based on an original story
81%
This Zodiac constellation includes 2 lines (or strings) that terminate in a star called Alrescha, the knot
15%
A Portuguese explorer gave this name to an island he sighted off Africa’s coast 40 days after Easter
44%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  I checked all five above.
4%
:( :( :( :( :(  I missed all the FJ! clues.
No votes
"C" IT NOW $1600: A judge in his private chamber, not in open court, is said to be "in" this
39%
CLASSICAL FAVORITES $2000: Paul Dukas lived 38 years after writing this "bewitching" piece but never again wrote anything as popular
26%
COMBAT ROCK $800: Pere Ubu: “30 Seconds Over ___”
44%
I missed the Monday FJ! clue guessing a non-brass instrument.
5%
If the Monday clue had been one word, "sackbut" I would have had it right.
19%
I have read "Charlotte's Web."
64%
I have seen the Disney movie, "The Lion King."
71%
Asuncion was my incorrect guess for the Friday FJ! clue.
7%
I missed the Friday FJ! clue with Resurrection, Pentecost or Madagascar.
21%

Total votes: 113

Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Re: FJs for the 6/11/18 week

Post by Linear Gnome »

:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :( :(
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Sackbut" would have been enough. I have read "Charlotte's Web", but it has been several decades. I'm pretty sure I saw the movie "The Lion King" once, also saw the stage musical at the Fox in St. Louis. Friday started with Pentecost before I figured out that the math was no good, then latched on to Madagascar for lack of time and a better guess.

For both Camera and Tokyo, I'm not sure I would have buzzed in, but I had the correct responses pretty quickly.

32335232[13ToC}31333432344332[2noTB]33334[43CC]33[22TT]2342,114-88
bbird
Valued Contributor

Post by bbird »

squarekara wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:38 pm Templeton is reluctant to accompany Charlotte and Wilbur to the fair, but after he hears the animals (is it mainly the sheep?) describe all the fairground garbage, he's in.
It's the goose! I was semi-obsessed with both the book and animated movie for a few years as a kid. Somewhere in a box of stuff at my parents' house is a program from the local high school's production of the (non-musical) play, signed by the cast. In spite of these fond childhood memories, I still have yet to see the Dakota Fanning film.

Former trombone player here who got it from sackbut immediately, but then started visualizing the slide positions for the notes mentioned in the clue and second-guessing myself. (Really??)

Combine those with getting Lion King the moment AT said "Hamlet," and I was riding high on FJs until the Pisces disaster. The poll here goes from 84% Wednesday to 16% Thursday. I wonder if there's ever been such a himalayan drop between FJs?
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

bbird wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:10 am
squarekara wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:38 pm Templeton is reluctant to accompany Charlotte and Wilbur to the fair, but after he hears the animals (is it mainly the sheep?) describe all the fairground garbage, he's in.
It's the goose! I was semi-obsessed with both the book and animated movie for a few years as a kid. Somewhere in a box of stuff at my parents' house is a program from the local high school's production of the (non-musical) play, signed by the cast. In spite of these fond childhood memories, I still have yet to see the Dakota Fanning film.
Yes! Agnes Moorehead! What child would not fantasize about living in a world of garbage after seeing that sequence?

We haven't seen the remake either. Did they turn that scene into a condemnation of the Arable family's carbon footprint?
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Ironhorse wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:23 pm :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :(

Trombone, Aquarius, Pentecost
Trombone was the correct answer for Monday's final. Change the :( to a :mrgreen: .
Douglas Squasoni
Wpwells
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Wpwells »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:
:( :mrgreen: :(

Sackbut would’ve been enough
Read Charlotte’s Web and watched both movie adaptations
Seen Lion King both on film and on stage