FJs for the 7/9/18 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 7/9/18 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Of the presidents who served more than 4 years, but less than 2 full terms, he served the longest: 7 years, 9 months, 8 days
52%
Turkey is the world's largest producer of these fruits; its town of Cerasus was famous for them
27%
“Son of a Witch” & “A Lion Among Men” are sequels to the book that inspired this musical
82%
The author of this novel thought of calling it "Silence in the Water"
84%
This slang term for an environmentalist is literally true of groups that used passive resistance vs. deforestation, as in India in 1973
96%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I checked all five above.
12%
:( :( :( :( :( I missed all the FJ! clues.
No votes
OPERA HEROINES $800: In "La Boheme" this seamstress who suffers from tuberculosis tells Rodolfo that her real name is Lucia
35%
GREEK MYTHOLOGY $2000: She is both the mother & the wife of Oedipus
46%
COLORFUL PLACES $2000 box Daily Double: An HBO film & a Broadway musical both bear the name of this Long Island estate owned by Jackie Kennedy's aunt
30%
Theodore Roosevelt was my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
17%
Dates was my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
18%
Figs was my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
20%
I missed the Thursday FJ! clue by guessing a book not from the 1970s or a book that is not a novel.
7%
I have read the book, "Jaws."
12%
I have seen the movie, "Jaws."
62%

Total votes: 125

John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: FJs for the 7/9/18 week

Post by John Boy »

:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I hate it when a stupid clue like the "cherry" clue costs me a 5-for-5 week.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

:( :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (though, as a fan of PDQ Bach, she'll always be Billie-Jo Casta to me)

After missing 6 FJ!'s in a row, I recovered to have a decent week. T. Roosevelt on Monday, dates on Tuesday. I know I've seen the movie Jaws, and I'm about 80% certain I read the novel back in the day.

32335232[13ToC}31333432344332[2noTB]33334[43CC]33[22TT]23423313,124-97
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :(

Sorry for the bump, but I never got around to posting my results for this week (which I try to do faithfully now that poll votes are private), and want to get it done before the new season starts.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

seaborgium wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:25 pm :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sorry for the bump, but I never got around to posting my results for this week (which I try to do faithfully now that poll votes are private), and want to get it done before the new season starts.
Out of curiosity, did you not vote when the poll results were shown? I've been trying to get it back to where we could see how everyone voted, but if people have a problem with that, maybe I should drop the idea.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

alietr wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:07 am
seaborgium wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:25 pm :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Out of curiosity, did you not vote when the poll results were shown? I've been trying to get it back to where we could see how everyone voted, but if people have a problem with that, maybe I should drop the idea.
I always voted. I like having a checkable record of my FJ performance, since I don't always post about how I did on an individual basis. Plus other boardies would occasionally compile the data based on poll votes, and it was cool to see how I compared with everyone else. I just didn't necessarily post about it, since it was visible to everyone anyway. I've made a point since the last software changeover to faithfully post my results in the FJ threads.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

seaborgium wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:11 am
alietr wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:07 am

I always voted. I like having a checkable record of my FJ performance, since I don't always post about how I did on an individual basis. Plus other boardies would occasionally compile the data based on poll votes, and it was cool to see how I compared with everyone else. I just didn't necessarily post about it, since it was visible to everyone anyway. I've made a point since the last software changeover to faithfully post my results in the FJ threads.
Ah. I totally misunderstood your rationale. Got it.
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Post by OrangeSAM »

seaborgium wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:25 pm '

As one who compiled this inividual data, I strove to publish the top, positive results in any compilation of the results, unless the user permitted otherwise. I would PM any user who wanted this info kept private. Now that individual data is not available, I don't see how to do this effectively.
OCSam
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

OrangeSAM wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:21 am
seaborgium wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:25 pm '

As one who compiled this inividual data, I strove to publish the top, positive results in any compilation of the results, unless the user permitted otherwise. I would PM any user who wanted this info kept private. Now that individual data is not available, I don't see how to do this effectively.
Well, *my* individual data is available thanks to my self-reporting in the FJ threads. :)