I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

PanthersFan1
Contributor
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:35 pm

I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by PanthersFan1 »

Have the mods here ever heard of freedom of speech?

User avatar
xxaaaxx
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2131
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by xxaaaxx »

1) publicly whining about moderation never ends well.
2) if you don't like having your posts deleted, stop making crappy posts like this:
PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 pm
I'm ready for Ryan to take a hike sick of watching him and he has to be one of the worst Super Champions in history of Jeopardy.
3) LOLOL there's no freedom of speech on a message board, other than the 'freedom' to either follow the rules or take a hike.

PanthersFan1
Contributor
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by PanthersFan1 »

xxaaaxx wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:46 pm
1) publicly whining about moderation never ends well.
2) if you don't like having your posts deleted, stop making crappy posts like this:
PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 pm
I'm ready for Ryan to take a hike sick of watching him and he has to be one of the worst Super Champions in history of Jeopardy.
3) LOLOL there's no freedom of speech on a message board, other than the 'freedom' to either follow the rules or take a hike.
I posted something early about my feelings on Ryan and it got deleated.

PanthersFan1
Contributor
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by PanthersFan1 »

PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 pm
xxaaaxx wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:46 pm
1) publicly whining about moderation never ends well.
2) if you don't like having your posts deleted, stop making crappy posts like this:
PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 pm
I'm ready for Ryan to take a hike sick of watching him and he has to be one of the worst Super Champions in history of Jeopardy.
3) LOLOL there's no freedom of speech on a message board, other than the 'freedom' to either follow the rules or take a hike.
I posted something early about my feelings on Ryan and it got deleated.
and this is why this place is dying cause u can't post nothing here without the mods deleating it cause they afraid some snowflake is going to get offended

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 6967
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by seaborgium »

PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 pm
PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 pm
xxaaaxx wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:46 pm
1) publicly whining about moderation never ends well.
2) if you don't like having your posts deleted, stop making crappy posts like this:
PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 pm
I'm ready for Ryan to take a hike sick of watching him and he has to be one of the worst Super Champions in history of Jeopardy.
3) LOLOL there's no freedom of speech on a message board, other than the 'freedom' to either follow the rules or take a hike.
I posted something early about my feelings on Ryan and it got deleated.
and this is why this place is dying cause u can't post nothing here without the mods deleating it cause they afraid some snowflake is going to get offended
I thought this place was dying because people who can't spell were being assholes to contestants.

PanthersFan1
Contributor
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by PanthersFan1 »

seaborgium wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:56 pm
PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 pm
PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 pm
xxaaaxx wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:46 pm
1) publicly whining about moderation never ends well.
2) if you don't like having your posts deleted, stop making crappy posts like this:
PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 pm
I'm ready for Ryan to take a hike sick of watching him and he has to be one of the worst Super Champions in history of Jeopardy.
3) LOLOL there's no freedom of speech on a message board, other than the 'freedom' to either follow the rules or take a hike.
I posted something early about my feelings on Ryan and it got deleated.
and this is why this place is dying cause u can't post nothing here without the mods deleating it cause they afraid some snowflake is going to get offended
I thought this place was dying because people who can't spell were being assholes to contestants.
EDITED: Try again

Ironhorse
Wagering Pacifist
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:21 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by Ironhorse »

This board was a nicer place while you were gone.
Never been on J!, but once won a knockoff version that aired on local access TV.

User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by Volante »

PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 pm
Have the mods here ever heard of freedom of speech?
Image
Alt text: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.

https://xkcd.com/1357/
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Hardcore Henry (9), Joy (6), Mandela (7), The Quiet Man (7)

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by alietr »

1) Re-read my first post on here that is pinned at the top of the page. It explains why your post was deleted. It wasn't deleted by me, but I've seen it, and I would have deleted it as well. And it should have been deleted.
2) If you don't like your posts to be deleted, post civilly.
3) If you don't like when your posts are deleted, you are free to go elsewhere.
4) If you continue to post like that, you will no longer be free to post here.
5) I (nor everyone else) want to hear your complaints anymore.
6) End of discussion. Trust me, you are not going to rebut me (or last not for long).

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 11049
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by MarkBarrett »

PF1 should try Previously.tv as things are a little more wild west over there for comments about contestants: http://forums.previously.tv/topic/61011 ... /?page=185

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2559
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by CasketRomance »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:40 pm
PF1 should try Previously.tv as things are a little more wild west over there for comments about contestants: http://forums.previously.tv/topic/61011 ... /?page=185
thanx for the heads up...sounds like more fun....but do they have "think differently" quizzes each week?

User avatar
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1749
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Tornado Alley / Southwest Missouri

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by twelvefootboy »

PanthersFan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 pm

and this is why this place is dying cause u can't post nothing here without the mods deleating it cause they afraid some snowflake is going to get offended
Snowflake? Seriously? Do I hear a dog whistle? Sheesh :roll: .

I hope you and a couple of other insult-based boardies can holster your rage and stay around and share insights. Every post doesn't have to be a Pollyanna-festival, but say something nice now and then. Learn us something we don't know or hadn't thought of. Maybe you'll pick something up. I don't belong here amongst the trivia whiz-kids, but I truly enjoy the collegial environment, wit, and intellect. I'm guilty of a little not-so-subtle political or cultural snark now and then, but I haven't been deleted yet, and it is not mean spirited. It's fun to bash the Kardashians, but I'm sure they are nice folks and probably even appreciate the negative attention. And, I don't care for Ryan Fenster's playing style, but he is pretty damn smart and a nice guy I'm sure.

Now just jump back in and represent! You'll be glad you did :)
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.

evanakm
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:07 am

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by evanakm »

I know, I know, don't feed the trolls and such...

As soon as the board starts collecting taxpayer money for the sake of keeping it up and running, then I will agree with you. I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you, decrying the freedom of speech violations. On the off chance that the board gets so big and monopolistic that we can debate calling it a public utility... then questions of freedom of speech will arise. But as long as J-Board is a volunteer-run community in a tiny corner of the interwebs, you're just making the rest of us look bad when we bring up actual issues involving freedom of speech.

User avatar
OntarioQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:01 am

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by OntarioQuizzer »

Speaking from a moderation perspective, I should also point out that the Report Post function is definitely under-utilized by many of you.

It really helps sometimes to know what the community is thinking on these matters.

If you all think something shouldn't be here, it makes the job slightly easier, without us feeling that that we're acting in a heavy-handed fashion.
Andy Saunders
Moderator, #JeopardyLivePanel
Host, Complete The List
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Site Admin - The Jeopardy! Fan

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by alietr »

I keep having the urge to edit the thread subject to add [sic].

PanthersFan1
Contributor
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by PanthersFan1 »

OntarioQuizzer wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:50 am
Speaking from a moderation perspective, I should also point out that the Report Post function is definitely under-utilized by many of you.

It really helps sometimes to know what the community is thinking on these matters.

If you all think something shouldn't be here, it makes the job slightly easier, without us feeling that that we're acting in a heavy-handed fashion.
Andy you are one of the biggest snowflakes they ever was u get butthurt easily. I've seen you go off on facebook and twitter over nothing.

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by alietr »

PanthersFan1 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 pm
OntarioQuizzer wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:50 am
Speaking from a moderation perspective, I should also point out that the Report Post function is definitely under-utilized by many of you.

It really helps sometimes to know what the community is thinking on these matters.

If you all think something shouldn't be here, it makes the job slightly easier, without us feeling that that we're acting in a heavy-handed fashion.
Andy you are one of the biggest snowflakes they ever was u get butthurt easily. I've seen you go off on facebook and twitter over nothing.
We have the winner of a ban!

User avatar
squarekara
LEGO my Ego
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:49 am
Location: Land o' Lincoln

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by squarekara »

PanthersFan1 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 pm
OntarioQuizzer wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:50 am
Speaking from a moderation perspective, I should also point out that the Report Post function is definitely under-utilized by many of you.

It really helps sometimes to know what the community is thinking on these matters.

If you all think something shouldn't be here, it makes the job slightly easier, without us feeling that that we're acting in a heavy-handed fashion.
Andy you are one of the biggest snowflakes they ever was u get butthurt easily. I've seen you go off on facebook and twitter over nothing.
In this case, he speaks on behalf of the community. Your ad hominem attacks are not valued by the majority of this particular community, so why not take your content to a forum that does?

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 6967
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by seaborgium »

PanthersFan1 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 pm
OntarioQuizzer wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:50 am
Speaking from a moderation perspective, I should also point out that the Report Post function is definitely under-utilized by many of you.

It really helps sometimes to know what the community is thinking on these matters.

If you all think something shouldn't be here, it makes the job slightly easier, without us feeling that that we're acting in a heavy-handed fashion.
Andy you are one of the biggest snowflakes they ever was u get butthurt easily. I've seen you go off on facebook and twitter over nothing.
Perhaps your definition of "nothing" needs as much work as your spelling.

User avatar
RJRouge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of my Posts getting deleated

Post by RJRouge »

"What is that stupid word?"

Image

Post Reply