LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

Post Reply
User avatar
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 pm

LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by cmp146 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Hello All, and welcome to LearnedLeague 78.

Please DO NOT discuss questions while they are still live. It can wait until tomorrow!

Registration for the league as well as private rundles ends tomorrow:
Aug 15: LL78 Registration Closed (11:59pm PT). Anyone want to organize another Rundle in the Jundle?

* edit: Thanks Jeff for setting one up!
Note: Jboardtothedeath private rundle members are in bold underlined italics.
PM me if you would like to be left off or added, or if you find a mistake.

Alpine
A Alpine: trainman
B Alpine: astrohip
B Laurel: mam418

Archipelago
A Archipelago: miwasatoshi

Badlands
A Badlands: Cat Hammarskjold, Corridor Ronin: Lampy
A Laurel Ronin: silverscreentest
C Badlands: Pburns1587

Bayou
A Bayou: CheezeWhiz
D Bayou Div 2: 1stlvlthinker

Canyon
A Canyon: Dr. J

Central
A Central: OldSchoolChamp
C Central: TreeofHeaven, Turd Ferguson

Citadel
A Citadel: kaberi

Coastal
A Coastal: jpahk

Commonwealth
C Commonwealth: gloriaclemente

Continental
A Continental: Bomtr, reddpen, Ryno, slam, Woof
A Sierra Ronin: KillerTomato
B Continental: AleBelly, BulgarianBeast, hbomb1947
C Continental: Jbeltz
D Continental Div 1: CrunchyTaco

Corridor
A Badlands Ronin: Lampy
E Corridor Div 2: TriviaWayne

Delta
A Delta: OntarioQuizzer

Fjord
A Fjord: Jeff6286, Lefty, ThisisKirk
C Fjord Div 1: Schoe

Frontier
A Frontier: Coelocanth
C Frontier: Armandillo

Highland
A Highland: mikeyb

Horizon
A Horizon: BigDaddyMatty, Blue Lion, BoK, mrexley,tjconn728
A Mesa Ronin: Lhamilton
B Horizon: Caknuck, JJWaymee, mrparadise, quarterrican, Sarrison
C Horizon: Molly427, TheyCallMeMrKid
E Horizon Div 2: UniquePerspective

Isthmus
D Isthmus Div 2:Ironhorse

Juniper
B Juniper: dharrisf, missykat16, sims
C Juniper: grnwaz

Laguna
A Laguna: JyV92, mrbungle, plasticene, ptucker, seaborgium, VoluptuousLoser
B Laguna: khiddy
C Laguna: georgesplevin

Laurel
A Laurel: Ronin from Badlands: silverscreentest
B Laurel: CellBlock, ronin from Alpine: mam418

Magnolia
A Magnolia: Alietr, Boson, cmp146, Jfrumkin, Patkav, Peachbox, Vermonter
B Magnolia: Iron4Horse
C Magnolia Div 2: DadofTwins
D Magnolia Div 2: classicroadster, Nightreign, sillymoose

Maritime
D Maritime Div 2: geolawyerman

Metro
C Metro: makeabeilein

Midland
A Midland: badgerfellow, Troydozzy
C Midland Div 2: Quantum

Morningstar
A Morningstar: Qball

Nebula
A Nebula: dklee12

Olympic
D Olympic Div 1: SenseiCAY

Pacific
A Pacific: adamnvillani, PamIam, Winchell Factor
B Pacific: RichmondJ

Palisade
A Palisade: SwanShadow

Piedmont
A Piedmont: gnash, sherder, teapot37
D Piedmont Div 2: Barandall800

Plaza
B Plaza: BenAlmoite

Polaris
A Polaris: Paul5562, Rex Kramer

Prairie
A Prairie: RandyG
C Prairie Div 2: countyguy, dhKendall, MarkBarrett, ouachiouat
D Prairie Div 2: Bamaman, clprez, colonialrampage
E Prairie Div 2: BennyBXB

Rubicon
A Rubicon: MinnesotaMyron
B Rubicon: RobW

Sequoia
A Sequoia: Wpwells

Sierra
A Sierra: Bengland, A Continental Ronin: KillerTomato

Skyline
B Skyline: TheSunWillComeOut
C Skyline: mitchparov

Sugarloaf
C Sugarloaf Div 2: Ivoirians

Summit
A Summit: acthomas, gobobbygo, skullturf
C Summit Div 1: naurae29, zerobandwidth
C Summit Div 2: ThreeifbyAir

Taiga
A Taiga: Elendilpickle, jsterlacci, morbeedo
B Taiga: Bartleby, Econgator, mennoknight, Volante
C Taiga Div 2: dnbguy, theThirdMoose
D Taiga Div 1: jev15, MattKnowles, OSXpert, squizzle
E Taiga Div 1: Sburrus

Tidewater
A Tidewater: Tigershark
E Tidewater Div 2: TerrHeel

Tundra
C Tundra Div 1: sarah0114

Typhoon
A Typhoon: fowlerism, kickerofelves, TomKBaltimoreBoy
C Typhoon Div 1: rjaguar3

Valley
A Valley: mcsheffrey
C Isthmus Div 1: JillyJill

Again, feel free to PM me for corrections, additions, and deletions!
Last edited by cmp146 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 3755
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by Woof » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:52 pm

What are the specifics for this Rundle in the Jundle? Happy to have my butt kicked again...

ouachiouat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:32 am

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by ouachiouat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Hoping I didn't renew my registration too late....got it in this morning, but it says my status is "provisional (rookie)." Anybody else ever have their stuff expire the day before registration is due? Were you able to get in that season, or no?

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:41 pm

ouachiouat wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:30 pm
Hoping I didn't renew my registration too late....got it in this morning, but it says my status is "provisional (rookie)." Anybody else ever have their stuff expire the day before registration is due? Were you able to get in that season, or no?
It took 24 hours for my renewal to process, so I'd say you're fine. Keep an eye out tomorrow if you're trying to get into a private rundle though. Last season I seem to recall he had the new schedules up very close to the deadline, closer than he usually does.

User avatar
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by cmp146 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:01 am

Woof wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:52 pm
What are the specifics for this Rundle in the Jundle? Happy to have my butt kicked again...
BigDaddyMatty has been setting it up previously- we would need a Commissioner's Circle member to set it up for this time around.

User avatar
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 3755
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by Woof » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:03 am

cmp146 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:01 am
Woof wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:52 pm
What are the specifics for this Rundle in the Jundle? Happy to have my butt kicked again...
BigDaddyMatty has been setting it up previously- we would need a Commissioner's Circle member to set it up for this time around.
We might be SOL, then. I'm only at the Premier level myself.

User avatar
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 4328
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by jeff6286 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:47 pm

I can step up to the plate, I’ve created a private rundle for jboarders, there are 12 hours to go, registration deadline is midnight Pacific tonight. Whoever wants to join can jump in, if you find yourself the odd person out, feel free to try to find someone to even us up, but I’m fine with whatever number we end up with. Here is the registration info:

Rundle name:
Jboardtodeath

Registration code:
Robbieburns

(First letter capital on both)

User avatar
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 3755
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by Woof » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:57 pm

jeff6286 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:47 pm
I can step up to the plate, I’ve created a private rundle for jboarders, there are 12 hours to go, registration deadline is midnight Pacific tonight. Whoever wants to join can jump in, if you find yourself the odd person out, feel free to try to find someone to even us up, but I’m fine with whatever number we end up with. Here is the registration info:

Rundle name:
Jboardtodeath

Registration code:
Robbieburns

(First letter capital on both)
Thanks, Jeff.

User avatar
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month
Posts: 1792
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm
Location: Marana, AZ
Contact:

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by RandyG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Woof wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:57 pm
jeff6286 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:47 pm
I can step up to the plate, I’ve created a private rundle for jboarders, there are 12 hours to go, registration deadline is midnight Pacific tonight. Whoever wants to join can jump in, if you find yourself the odd person out, feel free to try to find someone to even us up, but I’m fine with whatever number we end up with. Here is the registration info:

Rundle name:
Jboardtodeath

Registration code:
Robbieburns

(First letter capital on both)
Thanks, Jeff.
+1. I'm in.
"The COMPLETE GUIDE To Republican Ethics: tRump Edition" is right ===> here

User avatar
teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1530
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by teapot37 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:49 pm

In like Flynn. Thanks, Jeff.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.

User avatar
boson
Trivial
Posts: 1462
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by boson » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Thanks Jeff.

I'm the 9th one in - one (or 3 or 5 or...) to have an even number.

User avatar
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by cmp146 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:10 pm

We are up to 10! in the private rundle. As always an impressive effort at the deadline! Thanks Jeff for getting this set up!

User avatar
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire
Posts: 1011
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by trainman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Make it 12.

User avatar
plasticene
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by plasticene » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:04 pm

I've made it 13. I'll check back later and if no one else has joined, I have another one I could possibly switch to

User avatar
boson
Trivial
Posts: 1462
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by boson » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:06 pm

plasticene wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:04 pm
I've made it 13. I'll check back later and if no one else has joined, I have another one I could possibly switch to
(counts the number of A rundle winners in the jboardie rundle)... Umm. We'd be happy to have you!

User avatar
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 4328
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by jeff6286 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:43 am

Deadline is fast approaching, anyone going to step up and take the 14th spot, locking in plasticene?

User avatar
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 4328
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by jeff6286 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:45 am

From what I can see we should have a pretty competitive bunch, mostly grouped in the 100-120 tca range, with a few consistently above that number like bomtr and teapot37. I was one of many leaguewide who set a career high in tca last season, hoping the regression to the mean is a gentle one!

User avatar
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 3755
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by Woof » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:43 am

jeff6286 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:45 am
From what I can see we should have a pretty competitive bunch, mostly grouped in the 100-120 tca range, with a few consistently above that number like bomtr and teapot37. I was one of many leaguewide who set a career high in tca last season, hoping the regression to the mean is a gentle one!
If it’s anything like last season it’ll play like an A Rundle. Most days my CAA last season in Rundle in the Jundle matched that in A Continental.

countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:12 am

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by countyguy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:43 am

jeff6286 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:45 am
From what I can see we should have a pretty competitive bunch, mostly grouped in the 100-120 tca range, with a few consistently above that number like bomtr and teapot37. I was one of many leaguewide who set a career high in tca last season, hoping the regression to the mean is a gentle one!
Same. Last season I shattered my previous career high by 17, which, combined with my rundle-leading defense, earned me a promotion to C despite being a borderline D/E player. Prepared to get slaughtered...

User avatar
quarterrican
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:21 am

Re: LearnedLeague 78 - Official Thread

Post by quarterrican » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:02 am

Happy to be #14 - looking forward to the regular beatdowns again.

Post Reply