Jeopardy in Houston will be changing time slots

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

astrohip
Loyal Jeopardista

Jeopardy in Houston will be changing time slots

Post by astrohip »

Just read where the local Jeopardy affiliate (Channel 13 KTRK Houston), is going to start a 3pm news cast (Sept 10). That's when Jeopardy currently airs. At this time, they haven't announced where Jeopardy will be moving. I've asked them, and will post when I get a reply.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Re: Jeopardy in Houston will be changing time slots

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

astrohip wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:37 am I've asked them, and will post when I get a reply.
From my experience seeing KTRK's social media in the past:

Please tell me that your "asking them" is more than "sending a tweet at an account that has generally not replied to people" (otherwise, I would say "if I get a reply" would be more apt, and we'd be more likely to get the information when the 9/10 schedule hits Titan TV tomorrow.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:42 pm
astrohip wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:37 am I've asked them, and will post when I get a reply.

Please tell me that your "asking them" is more than "sending a tweet at an account that has generally not replied to people" (otherwise, I would say "if I get a reply" would be more apt, and we'd be more likely to get the information when the 9/10 schedule hits Titan TV tomorrow.
My research shows the move is from 3PM to 1PM: https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/jeopard ... gs/202355/

When scrolling down to the 10th notice the huge jump in the ticker for "I'll watch."
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:15 pm

My research shows the move is from 3PM to 1PM: https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/jeopard ... gs/202355/

When scrolling down to the 10th notice the huge jump in the ticker for "I'll watch."
I'll be honest and say that I was definitely hoping that Houston was going to move its airtime later rather than earlier.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
mfc248

Post by mfc248 »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:27 pm

I'll be honest and say that I was definitely hoping that Houston was going to move its airtime later rather than earlier.
Thanks to Andy for passing this information along to me yesterday; now that I'm back in the U S of A, I've prospectively updated the master list. My initial thought upon hearing this was that it would reduce the number of time slots in which the show airs to an unlucky thirteen... until I got a look at my data, and saw that just like 3 pm, no other station airs the show at 1 pm.

It's also a good reminder for me to take some time next week and do a "deep dive" on the full set of 210 representative ZIP codes, to ensure everything is up to par for the new season.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:27 pm

Just out of curiosity, why did you want them to air it later? (Assuming you haven’t moved to Houston).
mfc248

Post by mfc248 »

I've begun the aforementioned search through the stations, and I'll post here a running list of Jeopardy! time and station changes that I've found (other than Houston):
  • KXAN (NBC Austin, TX): 4:00 pm (previously 4:30 pm)
  • WAAY (ABC Huntsville, AL): 3:00 pm (previously 4:30 pm)
  • KCEN (NBC Waco, TX): 4:30 pm (previously 3:30 pm)