Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by CasketRomance »

all of these talk shows and judge shows these days...the market is flooded with them...how do all of them survive? why wouldn't a network want to offer up something different rather than being a sheep? if you are offering the same thing but late to the party, you really aren't going to steer people away to your new same crap
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

CasketRomance wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:04 am
goongas wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:22 am Millionaire ratings were never going to approach anything too great, such as J! ratings. Tamron Hall, whatever you think of her, probably in some people's minds has the potential to be the next Oprah in terms of ratings. She was a very liked anchor on the Today Show who left after somebody more profile was hired instead to replace her hour on Today.
never heard of her...wtf is she?
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=tamron+hall
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

alietr wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:07 am
goongas wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:22 am Millionaire ratings were never going to approach anything too great, such as J! ratings. Tamron Hall, whatever you think of her, probably in some people's minds has the potential to be the next Oprah in terms of ratings. She was a very liked anchor on the Today Show who left after somebody more profile was hired instead to replace her hour on Today.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=tamron+hall

talk show hosts not really worth my time looking up
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

You’re a poet, casketromance

I read a few user reviews and people either love the show or hate it.

Didn’t realize Rachel Ray took the Millionaire slot in NYC.

I’m not hating on Tamron Hall, I’m just sad for Millionaire, and her show prob won’t last
earendel

Post by earendel »

The Kelly Clarkson Show is airing in the former BAM slot here.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:42 pm
seaborgium wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:26 pm The question of the day (what is the only state with an element in the periodic table named after it) is out of date. At least they didn't have Tennessee as one of the choices.
All of the questions from the "Question of the Day" are from past episodes.

This was Ken Basin's $300 question. His episode was in 2009. Tennessine didn't become an element until 2016.
Fun to get a notification when a post I'm quoted in gets edited. Obviously your original explanation ('All of the questions from the "Question of the Day' are from past episodes. Tennessine was probably not an element yet when that question was on the show.") made sense and editing in further information, however accurate, nearly a year later is overkill to me.