Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

User avatar
teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1513
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by teapot37 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm

Oof.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.

User avatar
xxaaaxx
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1926
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by xxaaaxx » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:07 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:32 pm
A video of the portion that matters for the 10/25 episode. Definitely a spoiler.
SpoilerShow
When she started off by saying that A was "stupid", I was thinking "nooooooooooooo!! Work out what the drinks are, don't go by how plausible the names sound!!" But she couldn't hear me in the past. Yikes.

Carpe Diem
Boardeh
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:27 am
Location: LAND OF LINCOLN

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Carpe Diem » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:58 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:32 pm
A video of the portion that matters for the 10/25 episode. Definitely a spoiler.
SpoilerShow
"Himosa" > "manmosa" IMHO.

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1395
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:30 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:32 pm
A video of the portion that matters for the 10/25 episode. Definitely a spoiler.
SpoilerShow
I guessed Himosa before the choices came up, which is a better name (don't @ me). Rough break for Claudia.

User avatar
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by OrangeSAM » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:14 pm

teapot37 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm
Oof.
Yes, that was painful to watch as one could see the wheels come off the track.
OCSam

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
No Life
Posts: 482
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:39 pm

SpoilerShow
Claudia Perry :o :P

Claudia nooooooooo!!! :oops: :cry:

Kabocha. Maybe should be in a Jeopardy! category called "Cha" Cha Cha. :lol:

History made. First Jeopardy! TOCer and $0 WWTBAM winner.
Known in the real world as Douglas Squasoni.

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by morbeedo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:31 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:18 pm
I suspect morbeedo is going to wish he had that theater question.
SpoilerShow
Well, that was a gimme! I have tickets to that show in November with Lauren’s replacement, Laura Benanti, you know, the fierce Melania Trump impersonator

Tough to know what the guy was thinking from that edit, but it seemed like a random guess. We didn’t hear him connect Miss Hannigan to Annie, or any character to any show. Should have used a lifeline!

Hard for me to assess if that was a fair question for $7,000 - thoughts?
I’m in my prime, Optimus

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by morbeedo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:35 pm

OrangeSAM wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:14 pm
teapot37 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm
Oof.
Yes, that was painful to watch as one could see the wheels come off the track.
I didn’t see that coming at all. She started out her game so confident, then got a big laugh for her “just stupid” comment, then went right off the rails. Yikes!

Why does the show insist on saying “you’re leaving here empty handed” when they really get $1,000?
I’m in my prime, Optimus

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 8376
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by MarkBarrett » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:52 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:35 pm
OrangeSAM wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:14 pm
teapot37 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm
Oof.
Yes, that was painful to watch as one could see the wheels come off the track.
I didn’t see that coming at all. She started out her game so confident, then got a big laugh for her “just stupid” comment, then went right off the rails. Yikes!

Why does the show insist on saying “you’re leaving here empty handed” when they really get $1,000?
One more thing to add about Claudia just to make sure her trivia credentials are known: It takes more than two hands to count all of the games of J! she has played.

I have not been on FB since early this morning to get more clues. Who was her +1? Bud had mentioned a bunch of J! alums he saw in the green room.

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 5953
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by alietr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:15 am

I'm not sure what happened with Claudia, but that was painful. I sure didn't see that one coming. Plus the next guy as well.

User avatar
teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1513
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by teapot37 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 am

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:52 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:35 pm
OrangeSAM wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:14 pm
teapot37 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm
Oof.
Yes, that was painful to watch as one could see the wheels come off the track.
I didn’t see that coming at all. She started out her game so confident, then got a big laugh for her “just stupid” comment, then went right off the rails. Yikes!

Why does the show insist on saying “you’re leaving here empty handed” when they really get $1,000?
One more thing to add about Claudia just to make sure her trivia credentials are known: It takes more than two hands to count all of the games of J! she has played.

I have not been on FB since early this morning to get more clues. Who was her +1? Bud had mentioned a bunch of J! alums he saw in the green room.
Yeah, I had kind of averted my eyes to avoid spoilers when I popped up the video, but I noticed the filename was "perry102518.mp4", and I thought, "ooh, like Claudia Perry?"
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by morbeedo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Kabocha.
SpoilerShow
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:39 pm
Maybe should be in a Jeopardy! category called "Cha" Cha Cha. :lol:
Millionaire players generally don't do well with food and drink, but kudos to Tom who nailed the recent teriyaki question for $50K
I’m in my prime, Optimus

User avatar
acthomas
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:29 pm
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Contact:

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by acthomas » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Pre-empted in my market today for the FBI press conference. Does anyone have a backup?

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 8376
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by MarkBarrett » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:36 pm

acthomas wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 pm
Pre-empted in my market today for the FBI press conference. Does anyone have a backup?
I can do it although the editing, uploading and processing will probably take up to an hour depending on how slow or fast Google is today. About 1:35 PT this afternoon sounds reasonable. My recording does not include the final credits, but all of the questions are there.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 8376
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by MarkBarrett » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:14 pm

This is the video for the 10/26 episode although no ending credits included.
SpoilerShow
The 15GB that Google provides is filling up, so this will likely be deleted next week. The thumbnail is no spoiler.

User avatar
acthomas
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:29 pm
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Contact:

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by acthomas » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:14 pm
The 15GB that Google provides is filling up, so this will likely be deleted next week. The thumbnail is no spoiler.
Thanks kindly!

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 5953
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by alietr » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:30 am

Augh, people drive me crazy with that "I'm going to take a wild stab"! If you don't know, take the damn money.

User avatar
Budphrey
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Budphrey » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:42 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:52 pm
One more thing to add about Claudia just to make sure her trivia credentials are known: It takes more than two hands to count all of the games of J! she has played.

I have not been on FB since early this morning to get more clues. Who was her +1? Bud had mentioned a bunch of J! alums he saw in the green room.
Her Plus One was David Abbott, also a former ToC contestant.
Poo-tee-weet? So it goes.

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
No Life
Posts: 482
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:57 pm

Budphrey wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:42 pm
MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:52 pm
One more thing to add about Claudia just to make sure her trivia credentials are known: It takes more than two hands to count all of the games of J! she has played.

I have not been on FB since early this morning to get more clues. Who was her +1? Bud had mentioned a bunch of J! alums he saw in the green room.
Her Plus One was David Abbott, also a former ToC contestant.
Not just a former ToC contestant. A ToC winner! Too bad. :roll:
Known in the real world as Douglas Squasoni.

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by morbeedo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:48 pm

alietr wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:30 am
Augh, people drive me crazy with that "I'm going to take a wild stab"! If you don't know, take the damn money.
Haha, I absolutely love it because the outcome is so predictable
Last edited by morbeedo on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m in my prime, Optimus

Post Reply