Online Test Discussion (Eastern), January 17, 2012

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alamble
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Online Test Discussion (Eastern), January 17, 2012

Post by alamble »

kmwest wrote:Anyone know if the Chicago audition site is for sure this year? And if so, approximately when? Assuming I get a couple spelling decisions thrown my way I got a 35 on the dot and it would be awesome to get a real tryout.
Audition dates are never confirmed until the selection emails actually go out. If Chicago was one of the options at registration, it will be on the schedule. I've never known them to pull an audition location before.
ej!fan
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by ej!fan »

47 on this one. 3 WAGs that paid off -- Rembrandt, Schubert and Neptune; 2 blanks -- David and Sparks, and chose the wrong side of Italy for the sea.

Playing for real tonight.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

Playing jff from this board: 43, with all of my Dawson's crossin's going the wrong way (Saul instead of David; Siegfried & Roy for Penn & Teller; Rubens for Rembrandt).

Moore just wasn't accessible in my memory banks; as usual I had no chance on the food question (I said truffles); and while I've heard of Sparks, I NHO the books mentioned. I also said "jumbo shrimp" for "brine shrimp."
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
kmwest
Contributor

Post by kmwest »

dhkendall wrote:
kmwest wrote:Anyone know if the Chicago audition site is for sure this year? And if so, approximately when? Assuming I get a couple spelling decisions thrown my way I got a 35 on the dot and it would be awesome to get a real tryout.
I sure hope so, as that's the location I chose, and it's the closest to em by far (even though it's a two day's drive away)
Only a few hours for me thankfully! And my wife has family that lives downtown.
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

alamble wrote:I've never known them to pull an audition location before.
If they ever held one in Salt Lake City after the 2010 (?) test, I never heard--nor did anyone post on the old board--about it.

Jff here too (I'm in the pool for another year and change) and managed 43, missing 7 (WAG of Hairspray), 8 (shiitake), 9 (Rubens), 20 (DAG of Death Be Not Proud, which I hope is at least a Donne line), 27 (Pat Conroy), 33 (S&R) and 34 (Abraham).

Best of luck to all, especially Schliemann and bomtr.
In and out of the pool four times
LeFlaneur
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by LeFlaneur »

I just took last nights test off this board. 41 right 9 wrong Just got done with tonights. I'll find out tomarrow.
Le Flaneur
laubla999
Maybe Someday Jeopardy Champion

Post by laubla999 »

Missed the test last night (got kicked out of the session after doing tab+enter) so I took the Central one tonight.

I did last night's off the transcript : 28/50

so-so ;-/
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

48 for me. Last year I was 48 as well on the eastern.
Spoiler
My misses were Avant Garde and Franken as I could not pull his name in time. My guess hits were Rembrandt and Moore.
cheezguyty

Post by cheezguyty »

Took this test for real/for fun and got a 41. Jersey Boys and Amnesty Int'l. came to me a few seconds too late, no chance on Rembrandt, completely missed the alliterative ToM for Neptune, avant garde and Rear Window were shoulda-coulda, NHO Moore or brine shrimp, and was one day too early for Pearl Harbor Day. My proudest gets were New Orleans, hank, sunflower, For Whom the Bell Tolls, In Cold Blood, and narwhal. Overall it was pretty tough but I have always found the Eastern tests to be the hardest.