Monday, November 12, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bartleby
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Monday, November 12, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Bartleby »

twelvefootboy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:43 pm
Bartleby wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:16 pm
twelvefootboy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:41 pm Good grief, another made up martial art :roll:. Not judging, but seriously - thumbs up (or whatever) is another genre?
:?:
Unless I've mixed up the shows, Rhea's interview was about her black belt in (blank), which differs from (blank, maybe karate?) by how you block attacks (with the muscles, not the bones), and how you hold your thumb for the strike. Or something silly. If a petite little girl faces you down with her thumb up - RUN!

We previously had another black (i think) belt contestant in some Brazilian (?) version which also featured dancing or something a few weeks ago. So beware middle aged ladies that bust a dance move on you!

I'm sure these are real disciplines with genuine athletic components and skilled practitioners. But I resist junk science, quack medicine, and quasi-sports. Not that soccer and baseball weren't the same as quidditch and ultimate frisbee in their day. As long as they don't show up as FJ questions, enjoy...
Oh, okay. I thought that might be what you meant but wasn't sure if it was a reference to a clue I wasn't remembering. The martial art Rhea practices, Isshin-Ryu karate, is one of the more popular styles of karate and has been around since the mid '50s.
I would prefer not to.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:20 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:24 am Opus being the singular form of opera is a datum worth remembering.
This is true pretty much regardless of your criteria. There will be no need for an erratum regarding this post. Nor will there be a correction in any of the appendices or indices.
A running joke between my wife and I is that the plural form of Kleenex is Kleenices.
mxc_takeshi
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mxc_takeshi »

42 right.

School Uniforms (1), U.S. Cities (5), Movie Adjectives (3), Music Class (3), Just My Luck! (3), In the Spanish Dictionary (1)

Assigned Lockers (4), Hodgepodge (5), Classic Literature (4), Theme Parks (5), Ecology (4), In the English Dictionary (4)

Lach Trash: tenor, narcolepsy; Daily Double: Montpelier

I said China instead.
DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Post by DBear »

Yeah, remembered 2014 & Russia aggroing Ukraine. Of course it's all Trump's fault. :twisted: