Wednesday, November 21, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Re: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by OrangeSAM »

floridagator wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:50 pm On another topic, I see that a question about Kennedy Lewis and Huxley dying on the same day finally made it on the air.
And was slightly easier for those whose feed is on a one day delay.
OCSam
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by twelvefootboy »

Catching up on shows.

Of course Casey bet perfectly on the DD3, if it was the last clue. If there was other money on the board, he needed to pad against being re-overtaken (are you listening, Kansas City Chiefs?). Anyone who passes the online and in person tests should jump at a chance to win based on going two for two, unless you hate the category.

I sympathize with the miss - I only know the lake name from a business trip and client who said he lived on "lake ponchatrane". I eventually saw it in writing and remember it, and it also got mention during Katrina.

I accidentally opened the game thread and saw extra TOM on the clue about the presidents both dying. Based on the clue, I would have tried to pick an early 19th century one because I know about the Henry Clay/Daniel Webster debates and I think they forged the Missouri Compromise that made us a slave state in 1820. I decided on WHH, probably would have said Polk if I thought of him. I'm afraid the peek at the extra TOM won't let me count it. I'm surprised the show decided the clue didn't need the TOM.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.