Confetti Discussion

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Confetti Discussion

Post by alietr »

Pink?!?! Oh, all my J! friends led me astray.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: Confetti Discussion

Post by Woof »

alietr wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:33 am Pink?!?! Oh, all my J! friends led me astray.
Mine too, alas. Still, they’ve steered me right so often that I can’t conplain.
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 »

Google “what color is hippo milk?”, you’ll find out why nearly everyone got it wrong.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Exactly one of my friends got that right, but he got out on the "founder on the label" question (choices were Chef Boyardee, Quaker Oats, and Uncle Ben's). It was the only one he missed.
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

Apparently I need to be friends with more of you people on FB.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

What’s this thread about?
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

morbeedo wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:43 pm What’s this thread about?
Similar to HQ.
https://www.facebook.com/confetti/
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

It's this trivia game that hardly anyone knows about and therefore doesn't have hundreds of thousands of players like HQ and therefore gives some hefty prizes. Maybe ixnay on the Onfetticay thread, boss?
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

jeff6286 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:21 pm It's this trivia game that hardly anyone knows about and therefore doesn't have hundreds of thousands of players like HQ and therefore gives some hefty prizes. Maybe ixnay on the Onfetticay thread, boss?
Without lots of people playing it, it will be killed by Facebook more rapidly. You need a carefully calibrated popularity that Facebook deems worth the cash they are putting into it, without diluting the prize too much. Maybe posts about it here are the right amount to maximize earnings?
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

boson wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:23 pm
jeff6286 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:21 pm It's this trivia game that hardly anyone knows about and therefore doesn't have hundreds of thousands of players like HQ and therefore gives some hefty prizes. Maybe ixnay on the Onfetticay thread, boss?
Without lots of people playing it, it will be killed by Facebook more rapidly. You need a carefully calibrated popularity that Facebook deems worth the cash they are putting into it, without diluting the prize too much. Maybe posts about it here are the right amount to maximize earnings?
It's possible that you're right, it could be killed or have prizes reduced if it doesn't grow at some point, but we're past 4 months with very little significant uptick in players and thus far they've continually kept prize money on the same level. Even if I were 100% convinced that the game needed to grow in order to continue, I still wouldn't want it advertised here! Post it on your local PTA page, or your fantasy fooball group, or your book club, anywhere but the Jeopardy! board!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Seeing as how there's something like 20,000+ playing each night, anyone added from here is going to be a drop in the bucket.
RJRouge

Post by RJRouge »

My wife is the only person on my Facebook list that plays. Thus far, the best I've done is 12/13.
billiej

Post by billiej »

Woof wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:01 am
alietr wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:33 am Pink?!?! Oh, all my J! friends led me astray.
Mine too, alas. Still, they’ve steered me right so often that I can’t conplain.
Same. And I've won more on Confetti than any other app, so I'm doubly not complaining. But that was painful to watch!
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

jeff6286 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:20 pm
It's possible that you're right, it could be killed or have prizes reduced if it doesn't grow at some point, but we're past 4 months with very little significant uptick in players and thus far they've continually kept prize money on the same level. Even if I were 100% convinced that the game needed to grow in order to continue, I still wouldn't want it advertised here! Post it on your local PTA page, or your fantasy fooball group, or your book club, anywhere but the Jeopardy! board!
scared much?
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

CasketRomance wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:28 am
jeff6286 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:20 pm
scared much?
Petrified!
RJRouge

Post by RJRouge »

To continue with the amazingly bad luck I've been having in general all year, I managed to get 12/13 correct on tonight's game.

The one I missed? Question 1 because the question didn't show up on my screen. Considering only 116 people won tonight, that would have been a very welcome payout.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

This question knocked out most of my friends tonight. I survived (only to lose on Q13).

Which came first?
Big Bird | Big Red gum | The movie "Big"
Spoiler
It didn't prove too savage for the rest of the players, but 20 of around 25 of my friends went for Big Red, which turns out to have debuted in the '70s. Big Bird was correct.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

That was the one that knocked me and most of my J! friends out. How much did it end up being worth?
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

How do I get involved?
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

JayK33 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:23 am How do I get involved?
Follow Confetti on Facebook.