Monday, November 26, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TenPoundHammer

Re: Monday, November 26, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I'm a huge Dave Barry fan so I knew it wasn't him. As for Sedaris, I have a copy of Squirrel Seeks Chimpunk because it seemed like something I'd like, but I'm lazy and haven't read it yet
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

44 R
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
LT: Lucifer, Early and Late, Current, Oblique, Refuse, Lawrence of Arabia, (The Charge of the Light Brigade), John Andre, Montgomery, Ruth, Revelation

Breezed through Which State and British Majors. The other categories were a bit tough, but I pulled through.

Knew Marvelous Mrs. Maisel from the J!6 last week. :D
Douglas Squasoni
John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by John Boy »

DBear wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:39 pm Ok, why wasn't there a BMS on the Crimean War? If they wanted a battle, they should have said so. Engagement =/= battle.

Pathetic on the Bible category. Easy money there.
How about "pathetic entire second half of the DJ round?" My first-round Lach Trash consisted of (our better) "angels" and "early and late" for $1,600.

Then in the second half of the DJ round it seems they couldn't get ANYTHING right and I picked up LT on (last) "refuge" (of the scoundrel), Lawrence (of Arabia), Charge of the Light Brigade, Field Marshall Montgomery, risk manager, and the Bible books of Ruth, Song of Solomon, and Revelation. Total LT for the game was by far a new record, an astonishing $14,000.

And yes I also said Charge of the Light Brigade instead of Crimean War and Chang and Eng Bunker instead of Siamese Twins.

Why can't that be the game where I was invited to play? Would have totally cleaned up.

poop
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

morbeedo wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:49 pm
DBear wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:39 pm Pathetic on the Bible category. Easy money there.
I got Ruth but the others flew right past me. I even missed the J!6. Somehow, I learned nothing in 9 years of Catholic school, except how to hate myself
I hope you mis-heard. That is so not what God wants for us.
Euphonium

Post by Euphonium »

For some reason I got stuck on the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow is Blythe Danner's daughter and figured maybe she has other family in the film industry, too. I couldn't remember what year Shakespeare in Love came out but knew it had to be around there.
clprez

Post by clprez »

Euphonium wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:33 pm For some reason I got stuck on the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow is Blythe Danner's daughter and figured maybe she has other family in the film industry, too. I couldn't remember what year Shakespeare in Love came out but knew it had to be around there.
FYI - her father, Bruce Paltrow, was also a producer and writer.
Euphonium

Post by Euphonium »

clprez wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:43 pm
Euphonium wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:33 pm For some reason I got stuck on the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow is Blythe Danner's daughter and figured maybe she has other family in the film industry, too. I couldn't remember what year Shakespeare in Love came out but knew it had to be around there.
FYI - her father, Bruce Paltrow, was also a producer and writer.
Did not know that.

And ugh, I posted that on the wrong day's thread.
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

22,000 coryat. Not a great score but at least it was +4600 on the combined coryat.

Got final primarily from knowledge of Hawthorne's friendship with Franklin Pierce, our only Granite State president. The year and "family cursed" helped confirm.
I would prefer not to.